Help me with my first youtube series?

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Hi! My name is Trilient. I'm new here, and I'm going to have a gaming channel on youtube (I know there's several of them already v.v) I was thinking about doing lets play videos of retro NES/SNES Sega, etc games like that as well as having gameplay footage uploaded of me playing random games and such.

My problem is, there's sooooo many lets play series' on youtube and I have the games and Fraps to record with. And lightworks to edit. I'm just not sure what I should do, I can't really animate or anything, cause if I could I would be doing a lot more. So Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm thinking of instead of doing a lets play or anything, Maybe I could do something kind of comedic? Just not sure what o-o

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do what you like best :) and whatever you're most comfortable with...not to get more views etc! Just show you one what you're doing and people will like that!

You could do let's play videos and being comedic as well...like pewdie? Find your own little unique way to stand out if thats what you want.

Reactions: Marc978

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I like doing lets plays, I just figure there's too many of them on youtube as it is. Especially minecraft, which I wanted to try doing because I've never played minecraft before. I figure me being a newb to minecraft would make an interesting series lol. Either that or just make a lot of people facepalm. o.o

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like doing lets plays, I just figure there's too many of them on youtube as it is. Especially minecraft, which I wanted to try doing because I've never played minecraft before. I figure me being a newb to minecraft would make an interesting series lol. Either that or just make a lot of people facepalm. o.o
Yeah definitely! Try the newbie thing...cus that would be funny! Face palming is hilarious tho haha :) good luck!

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks! I suppose I'll give it a shot :)

MutantPanda521

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hi! My name is Trilient. I'm new here, and I'm going to have a gaming channel on youtube (I know there's several of them already v.v) I was thinking about doing lets play videos of retro NES/SNES Sega, etc games like that as well as having gameplay footage uploaded of me playing random games and such.

My problem is, there's sooooo many lets play series' on youtube and I have the games and Fraps to record with. And lightworks to edit. I'm just not sure what I should do, I can't really animate or anything, cause if I could I would be doing a lot more. So Any help would be greatly appreciated... I'm thinking of instead of doing a lets play or anything, Maybe I could do something kind of comedic? Just not sure what o-o
Hey just a friendly heads up, Assumeing that you're using an emulator for the NES/SNES/Sega games....When I tried to use Fraps for it, it wouldn't read the emulators. I did use Fraps a while back though so maybe they updated it, but I just wanted to warn you :)

Trilient

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks, I discovered it depends on the resolution my screen was at. For example when it was at 1280x720 resolution, fraps didn't record. But when I made it 640x480, it records. It all depends I suppose :)