Help me choose a name for my new channel!

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay, the time has come to create a new channel. I need to get my DIY How To channel back on track, but I need a place to put all the product reviews I am doing. I want a catchy name for my new channel that is sound up to date and fun. The channel will be devoted to product reviews in all areas from the tech to toys. I am thinking about names like these:

The Gadget Guy
Gadget Addiction
Gadget Attack Reviews

Let me hear your ideas. TIA.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The Gadget Guy is a great name and so is the Gadget Guru, but they both are taken. I am like you, I have no creative imagination. My mine functions on 99% pure logic. I have no artistic talent what-so-ever. I am a "Nothing but the Facts" kind of guy. That is why I can do videos about products and stuff, because it is straight forward. HEY! Just thinking out loud here. Maybe that would be a good name for my channel; "Nothing but the FACTS". Kind of long though. Let's see, NBTF would be the acronym. Nah. Not catchy and memorable enough and sound like some social right organization. Aarrgg! I was up until 3:00 am running around in these kinds of dead-end circles. Everything I come up with is either already taken, overused are just sounds dumb. I need another cup of coffee.

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could always inject your name into it. Like Andy Gadget Man, or George's Gadgets, etc... more combination/options when a name is used.

Reactions: ClaraBella

ClaraBella

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
This will sound like a silly question but do you already have a channel called Jungle Explorer?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This will sound like a silly question but do you already have a channel called Jungle Explorer?
Yes. But the name was not chosen for the channel. It kind of evolved that way. I spent 20 years doing deep jungle exploration in South America in the 1990s and 2000s. Before I had a Gmail address, I had the AOL address( :eeks:) of amazonman@aol.com. When Google first started Gmail (when you had to sign up via text message), I tried to secure amazonman@gmail.com, but someone beat me to it. So after trying many combinations, I came up with jungle explorer. From then on a grabbed every new social service under that name as soon as they came out, including youtube. When Youtube first came out, it was just a place for me to host my personal videos to share among friends and family via email or on FB, because nobody else allowed for streaming video uploads back then. That is what I used it for until 2014 when YT started pestering the heck out of me to "Monetize". Not even knowing what the heck "Monetize" meant, I ignored them for two years as the aggressively came after me. Finally, one day I got tired of the constant pestering and decided to try to find out why the heck YT wanted me to "Monetize" and what that meant. I about fell out of my chair when I realized they wanted to pay me for people watching my videos, which they were already doing. Of course, I did not even keep track of my YT account back and did not realize I had a few hundred subs and almost 200K views. It still made no sense to me why YT want to pay me for what I was already doing for free, but I signed up anyway. I thought I would make nothing or just a few pennies a month. My first month, I made $17 and that is when my mind went :woot2::dance:. And the rest is history. My Jungle Explorer channel is primarily about outdoor sports (hunting and fishing), homesteading and D.I.Y projects. Sellers started approaching me last year asking me to make product review videos. At first, the products were related to my channels genre and I was okay doing them, but now I am getting offers for products all over the board and they do not fit my JE channel. I have lots of family and friends that can use all this stuff and it gives me great content to make videos about, so I want to accept it, but don't want to put the videos on my JE channel. So I need to create another channel for them.

Does that all make sense?

Reactions: ClaraBella

ClaraBella

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
It totally does! Only reason I was asking was if it wasn't an already successful channel for you using something like Jungle Explorer for your new channel name.. or Jungle Tech. Tech Jungle - navigating for you. Jungle Tech - reviewing the rainforest of tech so you don't have to. (Maybe a bit long lol). Jungle Tech - we binnit so you can winnit..? You have binnit and winnit piles depending if you recommend the product or not? Sorry I'm no good at ideas.. I've been trying to get my channel properly started for 2 years now and I'm no closer..you may be just as well trying a YouTube name generator to see if anything pops up you like the look of? Spinxo is one I've tried before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It totally does! Only reason I was asking was if it wasn't an already successful channel for you using something like Jungle Explorer for your new channel name.. or Jungle Tech. Tech Jungle - navigating for you. Jungle Tech - reviewing the rainforest of tech so you don't have to. (Maybe a bit long lol). Jungle Tech - we binnit so you can winnit..? You have binnit and winnit piles depending if you recommend the product or not? Sorry I'm no good at ideas.. I've been trying to get my channel properly started for 2 years now and I'm no closer..you may be just as well trying a YouTube name generator to see if anything pops up you like the look of? Spinxo is one I've tried before.
Those are some Awesome Ideas. You are lot more creative than me. I appreciate it very much. I have always felt conflicted about my Jungle Explorer channel. As a person that functions logically, a channel that is named "Jungle Explorer", should be about at least the Jungle. But, since I live in Texas now, it has nothing to do with the Jungle, so that bothers me. Does not seem to bother my thousands of subscribers though. I am just too dang practical and I need to learn to loosen up for sure. LOL!