help I'm so confused

AaronVideosLA

Reaction score
Hi I am Aaron I'm 14. I had no where else to go to post this I'm very angry and confused with YouTube I don't understand when I go on YouTube partner page it says monitise videos but there is no longer the option to fill out the partnership form anymore so how do I become a partner then with the banner and the option to put my own thumbnails all you can to is MONITISE I WANT TO APPLY WHEN I HAVE
MORE VIEWS ;( *cries*

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Several people are upset by this. They feel like they were robbed, in a sense, because they had to work hard to become a partner and now people can monitize as soon as they join youtube.
Personally, I like it the way it is now because it gives people who are worth partnership, but haven't quite got youtube's attention, the chance to make a bit of money. If youtube, or a group on youtube, wants to make you a partner, I think they will contact you.
You could always wait to monizite until you do have more views.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if you can at your age :/

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Hi I am Aaron I'm 14. I had no where else to go to post this I'm very angry and confused with YouTube I don't understand when I go on YouTube partner page it says monitise videos but there is no longer the option to fill out the partnership form anymore so how do I become a partner then with the banner and the option to put my own thumbnails all you can to is MONITISE I WANT TO APPLY WHEN I HAVE
MORE VIEWS ;( *cries*
righto :) first off, welcome to the forums!! :D
but anyway, onto what really matters about the partnership stuff :) anyway, so youtube recently changed all the partnership malarkey, and the only ways for people to now become partnered is to be approached by youtube themselves, or to become part of a director/partner network on youtube - these can really aid the partnership process, especially since it can help get more views and subscribers for your channel, and if its a big enough network, then they can get a partnership for you :) Here's a link to a thread on the forums that lists different partner networks on youtube (with links to their webpages/channels): CLICK HERE!!!

Hope this clears things up for you :)