Help, im new here, and having trouble getting a question answered and I hope YTtalk can help!

making-observations

Reaction score
I am getting ready to release a new channel in the next couple day's and have not been able to find straight answer's to my question's anywhere. Even though this channel has not been released yet and has 0 subs, we are fortunate enough to have a brand donate product to us. We no that we have to disclose that we are using there free product but my question is are we allowed to put there logo's in the background of my video's, in my channel art or thumbnail's to return the favor? Is there any rule's against this? I know that I obviously cannot monetize my video's yet, but am I allowed to have financial or product support by a brand, outside of YouTube?
I really need help with this and I hope the YTtalk community can help with this, I only have a couple day's till release, Thanks

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I am getting ready to release a new channel in the next couple day's and have not been able to find straight answer's to my question's anywhere. Even though this channel has not been released yet and has 0 subs, we are fortunate enough to have a brand donate product to us. We no that we have to disclose that we are using there free product but my question is are we allowed to put there logo's in the background of my video's, in my channel art or thumbnail's to return the favor? Is there any rule's against this? I know that I obviously cannot monetize my video's yet, but am I allowed to have financial or product support by a brand, outside of YouTube?
I really need help with this and I hope the YTtalk community can help with this, I only have a couple day's till release, Thanks

Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)
(The YTtalk support/suggestions forum is specifically for YTtalk forum support, not YouTube support. )

Reactions: making-observations

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you declare that it is a "sponsored" then yes. Using that companies Logo is down to them to give you permission to do so.

Qoncussion

Reaction score
Exactly, you must ask each company whose logos you wish to display. Personally, I would request that they send the permission in writing.

making-observations

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guy's, I keep finding conflicting answer's, I'm probably not going to use there logo's in background, I will just talk about them and people seeing us use there product. One thing I read said that Youtube wont like it because they wont be able to charge the company for there advertisement, which might break (product placement) type rule's, since this is not there channel, and a new channel can not have ad placement, or links to them from what I understand. So I am going to play it safe and not do that so freely, this is a new channel with potential to get big, so I dont want any backlash later.
I literally have a ton of hours trying to find one simple breakdown of whats allowed in 2018 on this subject. The YouTube creator's or someone with real knowledge in this area, should really do a video on this to help clarify this very grey area, we are not all lawyer's. Thanks again YTtalk.......

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Generally use of the company logo will be included in the terms of reference for any affiliate program. Eg Banggood specifically require their logo to be shown at least once in any video.

In the unlikely event that the affiliate company does not include this requirement you should request permission for use of the logo, from a legal perspective. It should be a straight forward event with your company contact.

I doubt that YT Bots can identify company logo's in videos from all the other visual content, or that YT charge Banggood for their logo appearing ;)

Cheers Rob