[HELP] I need help on commentary!

CasperEdiits

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Im planing on starting a MINECRAFT LETS PLAYS series of the mod from technic "Hack/Mine" and Im bad at commentary i fine myself in lack of words.

what iv ben told and hsnt helped much:
-Pre-writte what youll say (i like live commentary)
-talk about things happening in your life (it will bore my viewers lol)

PLEASE drop some advice and check my out channel?!

Reactions: Reina

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Im planing on starting a MINECRAFT LETS PLAYS series of the mod from technic "Hack/Mine" and Im bad at commentary i fine myself in lack of words.

I'm not that good at commentary, but I think being normal and being yourself would be best! :)

Saket Sekhsaria

Posting Mad!
Reaction score

The only advice i can give is dont try too hard to impress your audience.
Be yourself say what comes to your mind and have fun doing it.
Dont be too mean or offensiveor swear too much
Thats the only thing to be careful about !

InfamousSlayer

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Make it seem as if you're talking to an actual person rather than a mic that's just there... make the mic a girl you like and you have to impress her? Something that will get you started?

CasperEdiits

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Make it seem as if you're talking to an actual person rather than a mic that's just there... make the mic a girl you like and you have to impress her? Something that will get you started?
haha ill try that:
"so cutie, you likin this new video" hahaha jk jk :) okay thanks man, ill try that!

Richnode

How many walruses have you stroked today?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I know you've said you like live commentary but some post-recording editing can work wonders. What you might find helps is to record your commentary during gameplay as usual, but then revisiting the footage, cutting out any dead air or sections where you find yourself tripping on your words and then post-dubbing them from a script. Devote some time to ensuring you get a good recording at that stage and it won't even be noticeable and will drastically increase your video quality.

Reactions: Reina

CasperEdiits

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I know you've said you like live commentary but some post-recording editing can work wonders. What you might find helps is to record your commentary during gameplay as usual, but then revisiting the footage, cutting out any dead air or sections where you find yourself tripping on your words and then post-dubbing them from a script. Devote some time to ensuring you get a good recording at that stage and it won't even be noticeable and will drastically increase your video quality.
thank you so much for the tips :)