Help! I need a Vlogging Camera!

GlobeTrotter

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m looking to get my first camera for general YouTube vlogging, to travel videos. My budget is £300, can someone recommend me a good quality camera? I’m looking for a camera that offers a flip screen, image stabilisation, auto focus, and allows me to attach external microphones. The quality has to be atleast 1080 30fps, and I’m looking for real quality, detail, and richness of colour. I’ve got a holiday in November, so I’ve gotta decide fast! :0

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
That’s asking a lot for that budget I honestly don’t know but what phone do you have you could build a right around your phone

Reactions: Brandon

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
That's definitely asking a lot for your budget haha....
To be honest with you, even if you have the most expensive amazing equipment, if your content isn't great then it doesnt matter >//<
NOT saying your content isn't/wouldn't be great but more like an advice to say even if you have a decent camera without all those fancy specs your asking for, you can still make good videos.
I only use my iphone at the moment, i have a camera but funnily enough my iphone is better than the camera lol. You can get accessories for your phone, depending on what you have.

Reactions: veronica33067

GlobeTrotter

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I have an iPhone SE, which isn’t ideal for me to record content. I am currently looking at the Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-HX80 camera, which is promising- apart from the fact it seems I can’t attach an external microphone! :c

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Look into the Nikon D3000 series.. I think the D3000/31000 would work for you, but I know for a fact neither have a flip out screen. I vlog without one on my D7100 just fine.

GlobeTrotter

Reaction score
I’ve actually just stumbled upon the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, which offers both a flip screen and mic input. It’s looking pretty good. Any opinions or alternatives?

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Thanks for the responses! I have an iPhone SE, which isn’t ideal for me to record content. I am currently looking at the Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-HX80 camera, which is promising- apart from the fact it seems I can’t attach an external microphone! :c
For the audio you can possibly use your phone to record if its better than the camera. It's a bit annoying i guess but if you're just filming in one spot it can be done. If you're filming in front of the computer you can get a decent mic to plug into it too.