Help ! I can't remove or replace the audio from a video because it has too may views!

TimothyParker

Reaction score
I've used a free audio on one of my videos a few months ago, but now it has a copyright claim appeared on that audio. The video has more than 100k of views and from what I've read I can't do nothing but to remove the video. Is that right ?

It seems pretty stupid that because a free song is now claimed I have to remove my video. Why can't I just edit or mute the video ?

This is the message I get when I try to edit the video: You can't can't save changes to this video because it has received too many views

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've used a free audio on one of my videos a few months ago, but now it has a copyright claim appeared on that audio. The video has more than 100k of views and from what I've read I can't do nothing but to remove the video. Is that right ?

It seems pretty stupid that because a free song is now claimed I have to remove my video. Why can't I just edit or mute the video ?

This is the message I get when I try to edit the video: You can't can't save changes to this video because it has received too many views
There is nothing you can do unless you can procure a document that states that you have the rights to use the song for commercial use. If the song was free for download it does NOT mean you have the right to use it commercially.

In the future look into copyright laws before using content that doesn't belong to you. If you find something that says you're able to use it for commercial use than you can dispute the claim and should win. EZ PZ.