[HELP] How can I eliminate breathing sound while recording with Snow Yeti Mic

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Do you have a pop filter? If not get one, they're really cheap, and that should solve all the problems :)

the100yengamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you have a pop filter? If not get one, they're really cheap, and that should solve all the problems :)
I do have pop filter, but I was too close to my mic..I think. I was like4 inches away from the mic:(

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I do have pop filter, but I was too close to my mic..I think. I was like4 inches away from the mic:(
Ah yes, you don't want to be that close unless you have quite a thick pop filter, the mic should be sensitive enough to pick your voice up :)

Reactions: the100yengamer

Kanashimi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could also just extract the audio, toss it in Audacity, and do a noise removal on your breathing. Most video editors have a feature like this as well. I believe the Yeti microphone has a "cardioid" setting, and if you're going to use that for voice (which is actually quite a good option) then you want the microphone volume low and it very close to your face. That's because of the way cardioid microphones are designed, they're great for radio, advertisement, and promos. I use this method with my AT2020 XLR. However, if you're an active talked you might whack your microphone, haha.

I would recommend just exploring different settings in an audio recording program for what options work best to where you're sit and where the microphone is placed.

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
What type of audio are you recording?

Play about with the microphone attenuation switch and adjust your microphone distance.

Try speaking closer to the pop screen.

Try covering your mic with a thin sock or a pair of tights.

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
Like Kanashimi said, you can use Audacity to remove background audio. Though I do have a question. Are you using an external software for your audio or are you doing it straight in the editing program? Because personally, I use Final Cut Pro X and I export from Audacity with no corrections (or record in Final Cut, depends on if it's open or not) and run a Background Noise Removal there.