Help getting a channel back

arv_mad

Reaction score
Hi! I'm arv_mad and I'm new to this community. I needed help with something and Google's Support Center was a bit confusing, and as I've seen, you're all so nice to each other and I think that's what I value the most, so I decided joining.

So, in 2018/19, my little brother and I shared tablet, but I had my own mobile, and I had linked my YouTube account to the tablet, where my brother uploaded lots of stupid things and one day I got a copyright strike. He had downloaded a film and tried to upload it to YouTube. I told him not to do it and he just said: "OK", but then, the 10th of January of 2019 I got this email: "[Copyright takedown notice] Your YouTube Account has been disabled". HE HAD UPLOADED 5 DIFFERENT VIDEOS WITH CONTENT ID AND I HAD MY ACCOUNT DIABLED!!!

I want to know if I can talk to anyone on Google directly to explain them the problem beacuse if not, I don't know what else to do! I've tried lots of things but really, I have no clue.

Please somebody help me :crying:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / claims / strikes / legal forum. :)

I doubt you'll ever get your channel back.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
The only way to get a channel which has been disabled for copyright strikes restored is to contact the claimants who struck your chanel and convince them to withdraw the strikes. You should have gotten an email for each claim or strike which would tell you who the claimant was.

Unfortunately the claimants aren't required to even reply to you, let alone retract their strikes. Note also that unless your channel is restored, you are banned from owning a YouTube channel for life.

There is no one on Google you can talk to about this either. Copyright issues are strictly between yourself and the claimant; and YouTube can't get involved.