Help Exporting With Premiere Pro CS3?!

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
Okay heres a quick update on the situation right now :p so I got a new program called format factory and played around with the setting to make my 3.95gb unencoded files into about 75mb each so the total for the project im working on in adobe was 173mb total for the video clips, and using the new program worked because I was looking around the internet and saw other people have the same problem.

So anyways I did that got my project all finished with effects and sound boost. then I went to export as a dv avi and the render time was like 4 hours.......

So I switched the format to a .Mov file and the render time is at about 10 minutes but the file is going to turn out like 4gb's or something?!

Do you guys have any idea why it makes the file so massive even after just putting a dip to black at the start and end and a little audio boost?

Once it's finished rendering im going to put it in the handbrake program I have and then re compress it (I know compressing multiple times is never a good idea) but I cant upload a 4gb file :p

I'll let you know the results soon :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try this, when you are exporting it change the format to Windows Media and the preset to HDTV (whatever resolution and frame rate is best for you, in the UK use 25fps and US 30fps) and then queue it, let me know if that makes much difference :)

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
I dont get that format which sucks, but the quicktime one worked out well even after i recompressed it using handbrake:

Once it was exported from Premiere Pro it was at about 3.5gb and after I re compressed it it went all the way down to about 300mb which is okay with me :) the quality went down a little but I think it will still look good on YouTube :) ill be uploading that video probably tmrw :) so I'll let you know how it works out and ill post the video here for you guys to check out and see if the qaulity is okay (you'll have to hit the 720p button :p)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With you having Adobe Premiere you shouldn't have to do encoding with other programs, you should be able to simply drop the raw footage onto the tracks, edit it the way you like and then directly export it from there, that is far too much hassle IMO for you each time you want to do a video. Are you going to File> Export and then Media? because the Windows Media option should be there.

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
Well I did this I took the already encoded files (havent tried with the non encoded yet I will in a few minutes) but i took them and put them in adobe as a new project then hit export but instead of hitting movie like I normally do I hit adobe media encoder and did a double pass with all the other setting I selected so its about 10 minutes per pass and im going to see the file size of that and then im going to try the same thing but just a single pass with the unencoded files which total like 10gb or something ridiculous :p I'll let you know how it goes :)

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I did this I took the already encoded files (havent tried with the non encoded yet I will in a few minutes) but i took them and put them in adobe as a new project then hit export but instead of hitting movie like I normally do I hit adobe media encoder and did a double pass with all the other setting I selected so its about 10 minutes per pass and im going to see the file size of that and then im going to try the same thing but just a single pass with the unencoded files which total like 10gb or something ridiculous :p I'll let you know how it goes :)
I'm telling you man I think you got a messed up version.

Reactions: Michael

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey there,

I've been a bit unactive recently, but I just read Micheals message about this thread, and I think I might be able to help, if you can give me the following info:
1. What are you using to record the video, (I assume Fraps)
2. How long and what file size are these video's individually and combined (rendered),
3. What are your export settings? A screenshot would be nice :)

I see you do Minecraft video's (So do I), so this is what I use:

1. I set my resolution to 720P
2. Record with Fraps in 30 FPS
3. My export settings, in this case it's a 22 minute video, so the file size is pretty big:

http://gyazo.com/85a24a49dc034348f6c2031b664eec2b

Reactions: Michael