Help Exporting With Premiere Pro CS3?!

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
Hey everyone hows it going?

So my qeustion is pretty simple, I've been having problems with Premiere Pro when I try to export my movie (even if the source files combines are about 600mb) the exported movie in AVI always ends up being some massive file above 2gb.

As you all probably know the max file size to upload is 2gb but even if my files are about 1-1.5gb that always takes up a huge amount of my bandwidth and takes forever to upload.

So my question is does anyone use this program and know of a way to export and compress movies (video clips) and make sure they are a manageable size preferably below 250mb?

Any help or advice using Premiere Pro would be great :D

Thank alot everyone :D

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have Premiere but did you try exporting you video in a different video format? I use .flv and they always seem to be the right size. I have seen that before though on websites. They make there videos always 2-2.5 gigs(even for little 30 sec videos) so people don't download their videos.

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
I haven't tried .flv actually, but I will defiantly try that :) youtube supports that format I assume eh?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would see what results you can get with WMV or WMV 11, the format produces great quality videos (obviously when the raw footage is good) and usually has a very small file size considering. I will link TheDutch1k here as he uses Premiere Pro :)

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
Okay new problem now :p so I encoded the raw footage using Handbrake and the file size got alot small and I can view it in windows media player or vlc just fine, but since its two parts I was to combine the clips right. But when I go to put it in Premiere pro the clip goes from 7:32 minutes to 3 seconds long and says its at 90 000 frames per second :S do you know how to fix it? I cant figure it out :S

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
Okay new problem now :p so I encoded the raw footage using Handbrake and the file size got alot small and I can view it in windows media player or vlc just fine, but since its two parts I was to combine the clips right. But when I go to put it in Premiere pro the clip goes from 7:32 minutes to 3 seconds long and says its at 90 000 frames per second :S do you know how to fix it? I cant figure it out :S
I figured it out all I had to do was right click the clip select interprete footage then click assume FPS then put 30.0 :D

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
I figured it out all I had to do was right click the clip select interprete footage then click assume FPS then put 30.0 :D
I take that back that didnt work, the picture got all pixalated and messed up and the sound wasnt working :( any ideas on how to fix that?

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I take that back that didnt work, the picture got all pixalated and messed up and the sound wasnt working :( any ideas on how to fix that?
Whoa man. Sounds like you got a messed up version or something. If you bought your copy I would call up support. If you didn't...then that's probably the problem.

ChiefBigRedMan

Reaction score
It's because it is reading that the file is compressed but not using the adobe compression software I believe, but soon I will be getting the cs5 version so that should clear things up just need to get the upgrade disk