[HELP] Blurry Channel Banner

NatalieYT

Reaction score
Hello forum,

I am trying to upload my banner art (the banner at the top of your channel) and every time I do it the image turns out blurry. I am using their suggested size of 2560x1440 and it is still blurry. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!

iGuys

Reaction score
What program are you using to make the banner?

ThumbMuscles

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My banner has the same slightly blurry appearance even though it is 2560x1440 like YouTube suggests. My guess is that similar to Instagram, YouTube lowers the quality of the images slightly to allow your channel page to load faster, as 2560x1440 is a large image to load on many peoples internet!

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How large is the file size you're trying to upload? And what format is the picture (jpeg, png, etc)?

P14

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have the same problem, the banner looks very crisp in Photoshop but blurry on YouTube. I used the template they themselves provided, I did manage to make it better by using a lot of sharpening and lowering the size to under 2MB (that might help OP). Saved as bilinear png image, if anyone has uploaded a perfectly clear banner I'd like to know how you did it as well.

Noah Richardson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hello forum,

I am trying to upload my banner art (the banner at the top of your channel) and every time I do it the image turns out blurry. I am using their suggested size of 2560x1440 and it is still blurry. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!
As the people above mentioned, you want to keep the size low because Youtube lower the quality of the image for speed's sake. I'd use a program such as RIOT (radical image optimization tool) to lower the image size, make sure it's a JPG format not PNG, and that should help drastically.