Help a Brotha Out!

Cityboylife215

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whats up beautiful people? My name is Ron aka "The Wanderer" (mysterious ......I know lol). Anyway, I have been extremely busy these past few months with work and the unpredictability of life in general. I am in the process of revamping my entire channel, and would before ever in you debt if you helped me out! Plus I have a huge bag of pop corn kernels I've been meaning to get rid of.......that is if you like pop corn! I know my offer is extraordinarily tempting, but seriously please check out my channel and shoot me some feed back!

Thank you and all the best.

Reactions: Rowan Oakley

Rowan Oakley

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Certainly, my good gentleman!

Your speaking voice is very good - clear and you don't rush when you speak. Watching your Welcome To My Channel 2017 video, I'm finding you likeable and enthusiastic! It's a good start! The colour's a bit washed-out, but that's the only thing I can really say to fault it. Advice on what in particular? You say you want to use this channel to give advice, but what's your area of expertise?

Looking at the overview of your videos, it's hard to pick out a common theme, and I think it would help you to make a theme clearer. You mentioned in your introduction video that you're wanting to be watcher-led. I've tried that in various groups before where I've been the leader, and have found it to be a mistake. That might just be my experience and perhaps you have different prior experience than me, but I find that people tend not to answer when I offer that. I'd say, be democratic with your channel, but not too much. Perhaps go: "I'm good at this in particular, so I can offer advice on this in particular," and then fine-tune your channel to what people seem to want.

Picking out an individual video (I picked Music Mondays), here are my thoughts: you're warm and friendly, and that's absolutely what your interviewee needs. The sound's a bit muddy, so you might want to work on getting clearer sound. The video itself is also a bit gloomy, colour-wise. Not sure how much that matters, but a bit more visual interest might go down well. The interview feels like it's drifting a bit in terms of the information being exchanged, which may or may not be a problem depending on who your main demographic of watchers ends up as, but given your natural affinity for getting your interviewee to open up and talk, watchers may be more charmed by your chemistry and keep watching you for that. I wouldn't be surprised!

I also think your thumbnails need to be a bit more consistent in style, even if it's just having one detail in common. Just something to tie them together. But it might well be that being more clear about what you're offering on your channel might automatically tidy that up anyway.

The popcorn sounds like a great offer! Do you have any sweet ginger popcorn, by any chance? ;) But for real, if you're wanting to give something back, I made a similar request to you in this sub-forum and I'd love to get your own opinion on what I need to do before I do a revamp of my own. So - couldja? If you do, then thanks, and if you don't, thanks anyway!