Helo from Tulsa, OK: Trying to figure out how to vlog with a smartphone

seanof30306

Hello everyone, I'm Sean from Tulsa.

OK, so, the old ball-and-chain decided she wants to do a vlog.

Now, she gets ideas all the time, and I’ve learned when she hands me the “Honey-Do” list for her latest obsession, no matter what I say, there are only two responses she hears:

“I’ll get right on it!”

or

“I never want to have sex again”.

I actually kind of like the idea. Over the years, I’ve learned the busier she stays, the more peace and quiet I have. I'm setting her up a little studio in the spare bedroom. I figure the more time she spends back there making videos, the less time she has to think up things for me to do, or make me tell her about my day. I’ve never understood why so many women seem to think just because they have sex with you, you’re gonna want to sit around and talk to them.

Anyway, her best friend’s daughter makes makeup videos on youtube, and gave her a list of equipment she needs. When I looked at it, I nearly had a stroke. Close to 2 grand! That’s when I made my first mistake:

“Sugarbutt”, I said, “if you’re plannin’ on puttin’ videos on youtube of you with no makeup on, you’d damn-sure better disable comments.”

So, that’s had me on the couch for the past week.

I’ve been surfing the internets, trying to figure out a way to do it cheaper.

I ended up putting Open Camera on her phone, and built a rig so she can just slide the phone in and film. Now I’m trying to settle on the right distance for her to be from the camera. She complained that I’m putting her too far away from it:

“Sizzlechest”, I said, “I’m thinkin’ the further away from the camera you are, the better”.

Yeah … that didn’t go over very well.

Then there was the lighting. She had the sconce lamps she wanted to use because they were so pretty. She drug me to Home Depot and bought these soft-white bulbs for it because she said the softer the light, the more it would flatter her.

"Puckerlips", I said, "the most flattering light for you is darkness.

Yeah ... it didn't help that the two home depot dudes that were standing there started laughing so hard they were coughin' and gaggin' and chokin'.

I figured I'd better get movin' on this project. When you're as old and fat as I am, you never know how long you've got left!

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks

Back