Hello Guys

Gerald

Reaction score
My name is Gerald, hello to everybody.

Im having problems trying to find a source of CCTV videos
Where do companies get all these videos?, I mean Is there a place were I can obtain CCTV video footage of crimes, assault etc, I want to teach people how to defend themselves and survive from these kind of crimes, and show real assaults as examples, looking on YT you have those channels that are full of accidents, weird videos, funny videos etc and Ive asked them but they haven't told me their sources, I didnt' think they would but I tried, Ive emailed newspapers who use video footage, no answer, the only thin online I could find are stock photo/videos but thats not what Im after, I did find two sites selling videos bu they were extremely expensive something in the region of $500 per video, lol, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My name is Gerald, hello to everybody.

Im having problems trying to find a source of CCTV videos
Where do companies get all these videos?, I mean Is there a place were I can obtain CCTV video footage of crimes, assault etc, I want to teach people how to defend themselves and survive from these kind of crimes, and show real assaults as examples, looking on YT you have those channels that are full of accidents, weird videos, funny videos etc and Ive asked them but they haven't told me their sources, I didnt' think they would but I tried, Ive emailed newspapers who use video footage, no answer, the only thin online I could find are stock photo/videos but thats not what Im after, I did find two sites selling videos bu they were extremely expensive something in the region of $500 per video, lol, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
@Gerald

Hello and welcome to YTtalk. :)

Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Honestly; those compilations are usually assembled out of a variety of sources, youtube, dailymotion, vimeo heck even 4chan...they tend to just type in "CCTV footage" "incident" and then download every clip they can find before reassembling them and re-uploading them as a compilation other people will then redownload those compilations, chop them back up and add/remove clips they like/dont like :) I dont think theres just a company or 2 that sell/share only CCTV footage :) another thing is while there is definately a lot of real cctv footage out there theres also quite a lot of faked CCTV clips online (Mainly with an aim to generate traffic by showing something shocking or funny) your best bet is to just browse around and search for specific clips that cover what your looking to teach about (I.e Burglaries, Violence, attacks, theft ect...)

Gerald

Reaction score
Thanks Guys.
TYTD - How is that those channels dont get banned seeing as I assume they violate some form of copyright laws? Do you mean that be clumping them all together to form one video they avoid or limit the risk?
I live in the UK and the law seems strict, you can't even video outside of your own home onto a public road let say if your is being 'keyed' or tires slashed constantly, you can have a security camera taken down if neighbours complain, there are laws like the data protection act as well that limit what info you can hold about other people or at least tell the authorities that you hold such information.
Thankyou for the ideas, i did find a few websites selling CCTV footage for around $500 EACH video, lol. No way that is tooo expensive.
Just worried about getting banned by YT, I never want to get banned and some of the stories Ive heard of that guys get banned sometimes without doing anything wrong scares me, its a bit like Amazon FBA, if another competitor complains about any copyright infringement or patent issues they will stop your listing until the accuser take away the complaint, man - can you imagine that youve just paid for a few thousand dollars in stock and then get your listing stopped, OUCH!! And all because of some jealous persons black hat technique.
There is a way around this of course, sell your own product. And the way around it is just like the phrase says just like bypass surgery or a piece of wire or string is about the break you can tie a piece of string to the good parts so that when the damaged breaks the whole string doesnt seperate and fall apart.
What |I mean is to have other means of making money so if one engine fails then you have back up engines so the plane (Business) doesnt crash, I think if I try hard enough I can get CCTV footage from China, maybe with a bit of bribing as its the done thing there (Guanxi), thans man, please let me know if you have any more ideas, may I ask what type of Youtube channel do you have? Thankyou.
Gerald

Reactions: TYTD

Gerald

Reaction score
Thankyou Crown for moving my post to the correct forum :)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Thanks Guys.
TYTD - How is that those channels dont get banned seeing as I assume they violate some form of copyright laws? Do you mean that be clumping them all together to form one video they avoid or limit the risk?
I live in the UK and the law seems strict, you can't even video outside of your own home onto a public road let say if your is being 'keyed' or tires slashed constantly, you can have a security camera taken down if neighbours complain, there are laws like the data protection act as well that limit what info you can hold about other people or at least tell the authorities that you hold such information.
Thankyou for the ideas, i did find a few websites selling CCTV footage for around $500 EACH video, lol. No way that is tooo expensive.
Just worried about getting banned by YT, I never want to get banned and some of the stories Ive heard of that guys get banned sometimes without doing anything wrong scares me, its a bit like Amazon FBA, if another competitor complains about any copyright infringement or patent issues they will stop your listing until the accuser take away the complaint, man - can you imagine that youve just paid for a few thousand dollars in stock and then get your listing stopped, OUCH!! And all because of some jealous persons black hat technique.
There is a way around this of course, sell your own product. And the way around it is just like the phrase says just like bypass surgery or a piece of wire or string is about the break you can tie a piece of string to the good parts so that when the damaged breaks the whole string doesnt seperate and fall apart.
What |I mean is to have other means of making money so if one engine fails then you have back up engines so the plane (Business) doesnt crash, I think if I try hard enough I can get CCTV footage from China, maybe with a bit of bribing as its the done thing there (Guanxi), thans man, please let me know if you have any more ideas, may I ask what type of Youtube channel do you have? Thankyou.
Gerald
Its pretty easy to do it really; someone will just download other peoples cctv footage and make one long video compilation out of it :) Youtubes copyright bots will only hit videos it has in its database...in short if it isnt programmed in it gets ignored. the only way you can get in any trouble doing that is if the original copyright holder were to make a copyright claim on your video...but that would involve the person who's footage you've used knowing you've downloaded there video and knowing your videos title, and then knowing where it is in your video which odds are will be pretty slim to non...Not that im condoning stealing other peoples footage...its just thats how those long cctv compilations get up and stay up online...unless a person reports it it wont get content Id'd :)

Reactions: Gerald

Gerald

Reaction score
Thanks mate, yeah I think its legal cause not only a few channels on YT do it but you get them on TV here in the UK, I saw Car Crash Global or similar title on TV yesterday, you get 'caught on camera' and various others on TV, on newspaper sites like daily mirror etc, almost always they say CCTV images have released by the police, I wonder if that means they dont mind the video being shown and distributed seeing as they want the public to be aware of said crime?
I wonder.