HDPVR's

Greg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey I am thinking about getting an HD PVR. Only problem is that I don't have a computer near where I play games. I saw a HD PVR that didn't need to connect to straight to the computer but I don't know if it is good. The name of it was the tristar mx hd pvr. Leave a comment about what you use or suggestions. Thanks!

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
look up some on amazon, there are some decent ones there :)

Greg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
This one :
Can record to a usb or hard-drive instead of a computer

I`d recommend it , my cousin has it and it`s really good quality.
It seems pretty cool just one thing, the website made it seem like it only recorded TV shows and I didn't see a price. Do you know the price range?

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Avermedia - amazon them.
For what you're looking for the unit to do I can't recommend anyone else! I tested one of their HDPVRs at a games convention and I nearly bought one.. shame I didn't have the money at hand tbh :') you have to buy a hard drive to put inside the unit but they don't cost that much :) the quality is pretty good.. although I'm not sure if they can record in 1080p but tbh I upload all my videos in 720p because who watches gameplays in 1080p unless they're watching them fullscreen? :') but anyways yer I would go with them :) they're very trust and a lot of youtubers with the same problem as you use them :)

Liquidsolidus9000

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I've been using the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition. It's been working out pretty well, I got it off amazon for about 150$