Having trouble with Tags and optimization

JayyDaGawd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hey guys!

I have watched a bunch of videos on youtube on this topic and I still don't understand it thoroughly. I try to use tube buddy and use tags with low competition and high rate of search, but my view count hasn't been touched. I used a good tag and yet it isn't ranked???? I don't understand why tube buddy says its a geat tag, but yet it's not ranked or I'm not gaining any views.

Please any feedback on this topic would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. =) The SEO discussion forum is for articles and tutorial threads. ^_^

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys!

I have watched a bunch of videos on youtube on this topic and I still don't understand it thoroughly. I try to use tube buddy and use tags with low competition and high rate of search, but my view count hasn't been touched. I used a good tag and yet it isn't ranked???? I don't understand why tube buddy says its a geat tag, but yet it's not ranked or I'm not gaining any views.

Please any feedback on this topic would mean a lot to me.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately this is a topic that most people will never get right and you just have to keep trying new things until you find something that works for your situation / channel. The TubeBuddy program is really good for some things, but it's pretty basic when it comes to getting actuate useful data. I can't remember exactly what they said about their data, but it was something like it bases the information on the last 12 months and isn't an indication of current search volumes or competition data.

I've used some tags just like you that said they were high search volume / low competition with no rankings and no views. I've even done the whole Title / Description to TAG ratio which TubeBuddy stated that my video was "AWESOME" and still couldn't get ranked. At this point, I'm guessing YouTube has shoved my video to the bottom of the barrel, and maybe someday YouTube will re-look at it and re-evaluate it.

This is an ongoing thing for smaller youtubers because we rely on Tags and getting up in the search rankings, where big youtubers don't need any description or tags because their subscribers will boost their video(s) for them and YouTube perfers Watch Time over ANY tags or perfect Title / Description to TAG ratio.

So, in short. Be persistant and just keep trying different formats to see what helps you. Every niche, and every market is different.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Basically what Dougieboy said. Stay persistent and keep uploading, something will come of it at some point.

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Write good titles and descriptions! You should see views quickly!
I agree with this somewhat. Yes, Always make sure your writing the best Titles and Descriptions you can, but if there is 1,000,000+ other videos posting about the same topic, you may want to rethink your video. You can have perfect Titles and Descriptions, but if the tags you are going for are super competitive, then the odds of getting up in the search rankings will be very difficult.

So for example you made a "Far Cry 4 Gameplay" video and had that as the Title/Description & as a tag. It's probably super competitive, so I would try "FarCry 4 Game Play" or "Far Cry4 Gameplay" and change the description and tag accordingly to try and get those views that people have misstyped. Or even add a word into it like "Far Cry 4 Game Gameplay".

All kinds of ways you can do things. You just have to look outside the the box and think of what people type in the search box, and how people can misstype or add a word to it.

Reactions: Abdullahx9000