Having more subscribers get your more subscribers?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you think that channels with a high subscriber counts helps them get more subscribers? Like... Do you think people are more likely to subscribe to a channel that has already got loads of subscribers as appose to them subscribing to a channel with only a few?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it does make a difference as people will look at your channel if they see you get loads of views and have loads of subs, some people subscribe to someone just because of their fame even if they aren't interested in their videos

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I think I does effect the decision to subscribe too. :p Was wondering what other think too. :D

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I admit I got onto the marina Joyce hype and subscribed to her haha she's gained so many subs now, it's just a case of getting lucky and the right people watching it i guess. I don't recommend doing what happened to her though!

Reactions: Bombiebru

Video Game Knight

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It personally doesn't affect my decision but I know it definitely affects others. I have seen many a thread like this on the internet and so many people say that it does affect whether they subscribe or not.

Reactions: Bombiebru

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you have more than 300 subs more people might share your video and get more exposure

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think subscribers lead to more views, which leads to better positioning in YouTube's algorithms, which leads to more exposure, which leads to more viewers, which then gives you better chance at gaining more subscribers.

newage

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I subscribe to whatever has great content.

For example, krikzz's channel. He doesn't speak English, no schedule, banner, avatar, etc. But, he makes custom circuit boards for retro gaming systems. Before he releases it to his store, he shows a sneak peak on his YouTube channel or sometimes tweets out a new video he uploads to show a firmware update. That's enough to get me to subscribe!

Reactions: MisterJDiggidy

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
One of the many cognitive biases that exist is social proof tendency. People often look at other peoples to make their decisions. This simplifies our thoughts. That's why companies always have a lot of testimonials and reviews. If you randomly look up the sky, there's a good chance others will look up as well. I've definitely felt a big increase in subs compared to when I had only around 200.

Mogawty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm sure it does for the majority tbh. First, people with more subs will typically have better content, more reliable upload schedule, etc... If they have all those subs, they must be good, right? Then there's the community aspect, wanting to rather be a part of something bigger (more subs), than going with a smaller channel. That's how I feel, but I'm also subbed to quite a few (under 1k) small channels since their work is great.

EDIT: Got sort of ninja'd by Brain.