Having a flagged video in your playlist can result in a strike?

El Buho

Reaction score
I recently received an email that said that one or more videos that were on my playlist had been removed because it received a community guidelines strike. This I can understand, but then it went on to say the following:

“Please note that this removal has not resulted in a strike on your channel. We encourage you to review all playlists in your account to make sure they are in line with our community guidelines. Additional violations could result in strikes on your account, or even lead to account termination”.

The part about “Additional violations could result in strikes on your account, or even lead to account termination” Bothers me because It sounds like they are they saying that just because I have videos on my playlist that receive strikes, I could then receive a strike.

Please advise, is this true?

Ripper Roo

Reaction score
I had a friend who lost there channel because people were falsely flagging there videos so if people flag your videos even if you have done nothing wrong and haven't violated any rules you can get suspended and or terminated. It sucks but it's true. However if your videos are flagged because your using content your not authorized to or is to violent for YouTube that's a different story.

El Buho

Reaction score
@Ripper Roo, Yes I know that if one or more of MY videos get flagged I could be terminated. But that is not what I am asking. Read my post again, the email said that one or more videos on my PLAYLIST was flagged (not one of my videos) So can they ding me just because a video on my playlist was removed and flagged?? Seems impossible but thats what it said.

Ripper Roo

Reaction score
I read your post I said you could get strikes for additional violations or be terminated because if you upload a video then put it in a playlist It isn't just removed in your playlist it is removed everywhere on your channel so therefore a video in your playlist in that same video not in a playlist are the same thing. If you have the rights to all your videos and have done nothing wrong read up on YouTube false flagging many people have been victims and got there channels taken down.

El Buho

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the info. But just as a clarification, in my chase the "playlist" that I am talking about is simply the list of videos that I have listed as a favorite, or indicated that I liked it. It is NOT a video that I posted OR uploaded nor is it a video that is listed on my channel.

Ripper Roo

Reaction score
well in that case since it is a video you liked and not one you have personally uploaded then no I wouldn't think you could get terminated or a strike since it is not your content I am not sure why they would have emailed you that but I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: El Buho

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Copyright / Strikes discussion forum. ^^