Haven't tried New YouTube design. Try it Now

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What sort of profit can we make from the new design more than previous one ?
Well at least I am not sure yet. That's why we need to find out about it ;)

Smurfson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dang how are you guys getting in?! When I click the link it says

"This preview is closed... for now
Thanks for your interest in helping us with the new desktop design! We've got a ton of feedback we're reading through, so we've closed the opt-in.

Be sure to come back to youtube.com/new for other opportunities to try out new products we're working on."

Any Ideas? I mean it says it's closed, but everyone seems to be able to use it and Zaffron you're saying I should be able to use it and that it may be my browser

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
changed it and i like it :) I am now just waiting for the new playlist setting and I will be more than happy! Also I love that i can turn dark mode and it's just majestic!

Reactions: zaffron

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dang how are you guys getting in?! When I click the link it says

"This preview is closed... for now
Thanks for your interest in helping us with the new desktop design! We've got a ton of feedback we're reading through, so we've closed the opt-in.

Be sure to come back to youtube.com/new for other opportunities to try out new products we're working on."

Any Ideas? I mean it says it's closed, but everyone seems to be able to use it and Zaffron you're saying I should be able to use it and that it may be my browser
Are you opening from mobile or desktop ? what browser you are using ? if you cannot open the link. Just we opened the new design from the link "youtube.com/new". Try to paste it in your browser.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tried the new UI but it's too flat / simple design. It's almost like there's something missing.

Like borders, shadows etc.

Too plain for my taste.

A man walks into a bar. He asks the bartender, "Do you have any helicopter flavored potato chips?" The bartender shakes his head and says, "No, we only have plain."

Smurfson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you opening from mobile or desktop ? what browser you are using ? if you cannot open the link. Just we opened the new design from the link "youtube.com/new". Try to paste it in your browser.
From the desktop and from that link you provided, and in Chrome

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From the desktop and from that link you provided, and in Chrome
Very strange !! i checked it and it is still working. Maybe they have put some geographical limitations or some IP constraints. idk what is the problem with your case.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Is it just me or does the theme revert back to the old theme the moment you visit creator studio? I've disabled it now anyway since one aspect of it kind of annoys me.

Personally I like some things about the new theme:

- Night mode looks great
- The new theatre mode for videos looks a lot better
- Overall it's really nice looking

Where it fails though is how they've increased text size and spacing. On mobiles and smaller screens this is great as everything is easier to see - but on a larger desktop monitor it just means we can see less stuff onscreen at once, which isn't something I want.

I hope they add an option to be able to change between the old text size and spacing. That's literally all they'd need to do to make me enjoy the new theme - but for now the extra spacing etc doesn't look nice to me so I've turned it off.

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would have switched to the old layout about half a year ago alerady (they are doing AB testing with it since like April 2016, I have it enabled on one of my channels since then), but I really hate how the dark mode's text is pure white. I guess I'll have to code my own script for that, when the change rolls out for everyone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Finally Dark mode is here!!
Love the new design, it needed a refresh.