Have you paid to promote channel?

I finally came back to read all the replies and I love what you are sharing with the YT community. Very insightful for someone who's tried out the ads! And I just subscribed to your toyboxmagic channel. We're in a similar genre. The new channel I am trying to grow is kids music animations (it's called BunnykittenTV if anyone is curious). I just work on it at night because I am a SAHM to twin boys. But I'd love to grow it into some potential income and looking at all the different ways. I actually got my promo stickers into a big baby expo and a kid's festival, both events happening soon so I hope that works for getting a good boost. I will start a new thread about trade shows and expos and give my perspective once I see how it turns out. Thank you so much for telling me about your ads experience. I think I will end up throwing some money into youtube paid ads and see what happens!

If you do spend ANY money on AdWords, I strongly encourage you to go back and search for (and read, and re-read :biggrin::biggrin:) any post on this topic that you can find from Kiddie Toys Review. His advice helped me out a great deal and allowed me to step away from the idea of making a few dollars, and focus on it as a business. That's when I really started to see the growth. And please keep me informed about the trade shows. Very curious to see if that gets you any good results. Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1521763557,1521763330][/DOUBLEPOST]
Facebook boosted posts/pages are SO cheap and i've had success with them before in terms of getting Facebook pages likes and website visits. i would definitely use it to promote my Youtube channel in the future.
i have no experience with Google AdWords but it sounds expensive for what you get in return, the posts on this thread are intriguing though...

We have tried Facebook with absolutely no luck. I believe our genre isn't really on Facebook yet so we really don't see any results. We have a fairly large instagram following, but ironically, very few of our IG followers are actually subscribed to our YouTube channel (different age group). But if your genre is of the 'Facebook and Instagram Age' then I think that it is a wonderful way to promote. And cheap. Good luck!

If you do spend ANY money on AdWords, I strongly encourage you to go back and search for (and read, and re-read :biggrin::biggrin:) any post on this topic that you can find from Kiddie Toys Review. His advice helped me out a great deal and allowed me to step away from the idea of making a few dollars, and focus on it as a business. That's when I really started to see the growth. And please keep me informed about the trade shows. Very curious to see if that gets you any good results. Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1521763557,1521763330][/DOUBLEPOST]

I cannot find anything when I search "Kiddie Toys Review" on yttalk, is it under that name?

I've tried promolta on one video and it got a lot of views but killed my view time. After looking at the data i saw that the video was being shown in non-english speaking countries hence the "quick click off" stats. I do a lot of instagram, twitter and facebook advertising and I get a lot of views but just not the subscribers. So far I have 11 videos out, over 300,000 views but only 130 subscribers so I am thinking that "lack" of videos is my subscriber issue. :(

I have thought about doing it in the past on my old channel, but I decided against it. I think it could a helpful tool to use, but the downside 1. it can eat a lot of money if you are not careful and 2. the results may not be worth the money invested into it.

I have thought about doing it in the past on my old channel, but I decided against it. I think it could a helpful tool to use, but the downside 1. it can eat a lot of money if you are not careful and 2. the results may not be worth the money invested into it.
That's a big thing, make sure you know what you're doing and how to work it before you accidentally start to charge yourself a lot of money!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've tried promolta on one video and it got a lot of views but killed my view time. After looking at the data i saw that the video was being shown in non-english speaking countries hence the "quick click off" stats. I do a lot of instagram, twitter and facebook advertising and I get a lot of views but just not the subscribers. So far I have 11 videos out, over 300,000 views but only 130 subscribers so I am thinking that "lack" of videos is my subscriber issue. :(
Although I definitely think subscribers do not equal skill, it usually is a good indicator to show how long someone has been doing something, hence the amount of "YouTube Skill" they have. Video making is an art to be mastered

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

@Emerrias that's true. I just have to keep putting out the videos. I had zero experience when i started. I can definitely tell that my vids are getting better.

Jnet, just like you, I searched but couldn't find it.

AdWords frustrates me! Even after specifying placement (on channels where viewers might be interested in my videos) my ads don't really seem to get targeted to the audience I'm interested in.

Adwords won't work for me or with me. It suspended my account and I can't get anyone on the phone to help me resolve. All i get is a "You're account has been suspended for financial reasons". It shows I have a balance of $40 but will not let me pay it and keeps giving me an error when I try too. I've tried calling google and no luck. Says I i have to go to Google help and that is just a big dead end. SMH

So I know there are many free ways to promote your channel, like social media. But I'm wondering if anyone has paid to do ads or stuff in real life to promote it and what your results were. How much did you spend and did it work?
Although I have thought about doing this I never actually have I get pretty good results from Twitter and Instagram I heard that Facebook is a pretty good way to promote YouTube videos but I have only promoted one YouTube video in one Facebook group and that's only because it was a video related to what the group is about but I don't really use Facebook to promote my YouTube videos I primarily use Instagram and Twitter to promote my stuff I have also heard that you can become a massive YouTuber and get lots of viral videos by using Reddit I have tried using Reddit to promote my YouTube videos but they're very strict on him when you can post and how much you can post for subreddits you can post it without a subreddit but that's not going to get you traction at least I don't think it would I find barely use Instagram and Twitter to promote my YouTube videos I tweet out a link to my YouTube video and it seems to get pretty good results despite the fact I have an extremely small following on Twitter when I use Instagram to promote my videos it seems to be one of the top sources of traffic for me but that's because I have a very decent following on Instagram around 2,000 followers so it really just depends on what you have a large following on or these a decent-size Following on I also recommend if you're going to use social media to use related hashtags for example I often use the hashtag YouTube video YouTube channel YouTuber small YouTuber on Instagram and I use the hashtag small YouTuber Army small YouTuber small YouTuber community on Twitter and it seems to work pretty well for me

Back