Have you paid to promote channel?

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Facebook boosted posts/pages are SO cheap and i've had success with them before in terms of getting Facebook pages likes and website visits. i would definitely use it to promote my Youtube channel in the future.
i have no experience with Google AdWords but it sounds expensive for what you get in return, the posts on this thread are intriguing though...

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've put $25 into Facebook and Adwords/YouTube. When I put the cash into YouTube I had an enormous growth month, on top of my usual SEO and Collaboration Videos/Guest Uploads. Facebook granted me a lot of promotion with a boosted post. I got likes out the wazoo, and 21 new followers on the page. However, the video i boosted only got like 42 extra views. Whereas my Youtube promotion would net hundreds more views and probably doubled my subscribers from the growth the previous month. Ultimately, I'd say YouTube is actually the biggest and best Social Media site for growing your channel to be frank. Also Ad Words gave me a $100 credit, whereas Facebook only gave me a $30 credit, so I'm biased lol.

So if we're talking promoting? YouTube > Facebook.

Reactions: aliceromy

ToyBoxMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We used google adwords to run ad campaigns and grow our channel. It worked for us. We followed the advice of some other bigger channels on this forum and we had good results. We looked at our channel like a business and the money we spent was like an advertising budget. It's not necessarily the views you are after. It's the subs. We averaged about 2 subs for every $1 we spent. So an ad campaign where we spent $100, we would see about 200 new subscribers. We haven't used adwords since our channel has hit around 50,000 subscribers. We reached a point where we didn't seem to need it anymore and our channel grew on it's own. Hope this helps!!

Reactions: AceOfBats

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We used google adwords to run ad campaigns and grow our channel. It worked for us. We followed the advice of some other bigger channels on this forum and we had good results. We looked at our channel like a business and the money we spent was like an advertising budget. It's not necessarily the views you are after. It's the subs. We averaged about 2 subs for every $1 we spent. So an ad campaign where we spent $100, we would see about 200 new subscribers. We haven't used adwords since our channel has hit around 50,000 subscribers. We reached a point where we didn't seem to need it anymore and our channel grew on it's own. Hope this helps!!
That's actually a really good way to break it down and look at it. When you did you first campaign, do you recall how many subscribers you had compared to however many you gained? If you do I'd love to see a comparison for growth rates. (If not, no worries, I don't actually expect everyone to keep track of EVERY little thing when you have more important things like Content to worry about lol.)

ToyBoxMagic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's actually a really good way to break it down and look at it. When you did you first campaign, do you recall how many subscribers you had compared to however many you gained? If you do I'd love to see a comparison for growth rates. (If not, no worries, I don't actually expect everyone to keep track of EVERY little thing when you have more important things like Content to worry about lol.)
I don't remember. Sorry!! We were very small and seemed to be just growing sooooooo slow. We ran a couple of ad campaigns and didn't spend too much money at first. Just really to get a feel for it and find out what worked for us. We found YT talk and started reading some threads, followed some advice from Kiddie Toys Review. When we did, we saw some great results. So we kind of just stuck with it. We started making a few hundred dollars a month with YouTube and although it was great, and we were excited about it, when we split it 50/50 (I run the channel with a partner), the $150 bucks a month really wasn't enough to miss. So we decided we were in it for the long haul and started to look at it like a business. We decided to spend most of what we were making and just put it right back into the channel. And that's what we did. After a while, the hundreds became a little more and that's when we were able to slack off with the advertising and start pocketing some of the earnings. It was worth the wait.

Reactions: AceOfBats

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't remember. Sorry!! We were very small and seemed to be just growing sooooooo slow. We ran a couple of ad campaigns and didn't spend too much money at first. Just really to get a feel for it and find out what worked for us. We found YT talk and started reading some threads, followed some advice from Kiddie Toys Review. When we did, we saw some great results. So we kind of just stuck with it. We started making a few hundred dollars a month with YouTube and although it was great, and we were excited about it, when we split it 50/50 (I run the channel with a partner), the $150 bucks a month really wasn't enough to miss. So we decided we were in it for the long haul and started to look at it like a business. We decided to spend most of what we were making and just put it right back into the channel. And that's what we did. After a while, the hundreds became a little more and that's when we were able to slack off with the advertising and start pocketing some of the earnings. It was worth the wait.
The specific numbers pale in comparison to the experience anyways. I'm trying to do the same thing and just kinda burned most of a $100 credit from Adsense in advertising. Did see a lot more subscribers and it's been nice, just wasn't sure how much to put into it to get closer to my goal of 1000 subs. I think I have a bit of a better idea thanks to you though, thanks again!

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I ever get to 1000, should I run a ad for one of my videos?

Or

Should I wait until i have more subs?

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wow... from what you say this isn't even look worth the money. Keep us informed! But for now I'll better focus on actually getting better at doing my vids, lol

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I finally came back to read all the replies and I love what you are sharing with the YT community. Very insightful for someone who's tried out the ads! And I just subscribed to your toyboxmagic channel. We're in a similar genre. The new channel I am trying to grow is kids music animations (it's called BunnykittenTV if anyone is curious). I just work on it at night because I am a SAHM to twin boys. But I'd love to grow it into some potential income and looking at all the different ways. I actually got my promo stickers into a big baby expo and a kid's festival, both events happening soon so I hope that works for getting a good boost. I will start a new thread about trade shows and expos and give my perspective once I see how it turns out. Thank you so much for telling me about your ads experience. I think I will end up throwing some money into youtube paid ads and see what happens!