Have you guys ever do a click-bait videos before?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just for curiosity sake. Ever do it before? If so, how does it fare well for you? Sometimes I see a lot of click-bait videos have a huge amount of views because it trick viewer think the video thumbnails and titles will somehow related to the main videos but it not. Normally click-bait videos consist of extreme, women showing breast and so on in their video thumbnails.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Kiwi Arcades

Reaction score
Those videos may have a lot of view counts but probably not a lot of view time. If I see a clickbait video I click off it

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I go into my past I am sure some of my thumbnails have borderline click-bait. But, as a rule I stay away from it. I want people to click on my content because they really want to, not because I have some witty title or risque thumbnail. Channels that click-bait all the time constantly have to look for the next click-bait title. That is no way to YouTube IMHO. And, sooner or later your viewers will get sick and tired of it and move on.

Click-bait is also being fake, and that is something I really can't stand.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I once made a video that was a mixture of clickbait and trolling.
One atheist, who has a channel 10 times my size, made a video response to one of my videos. His video was okay-ish, but his audience kept spamming my video, often very obnoxiously.
So, I made a video called "Atheism vs. Science" - I essentially collected all the arguments against atheism that atheists find annoying. Majority of these I considered bad arguments, but that was idea - to troll atheists. :D I presented those arguments as annoyingly as possible. In the end it worked as a double prank, both for atheists and my audience - the atheists kept responding to the claims in the video (pointless, as I don't agree with majority of those arguments anyway) and some of my audience praised the video (to which I respectfully disagreed).
In short, it was more of a prank than a clickbait video - a month later I revisited it and commented on why it was made that bad intentionally.
As far as stats go, it was doing rather well for my channel. However, it was the only time I did it, for a specific reason, and I don't plan to do anything similar ever again. :)

Wyrd Wayfarer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I once made a video that was a mixture of clickbait and trolling.
One atheist, who has a channel 10 times my size, made a video response to one of my videos. His video was okay-ish, but his audience kept spamming my video, often very obnoxiously.
So, I made a video called "Atheism vs. Science" - I essentially collected all the arguments against atheism that atheists find annoying. Majority of these I considered bad arguments, but that was idea - to troll atheists. :D I presented those arguments as annoyingly as possible. In the end it worked as a double prank, both for atheists and my audience - the atheists kept responding to the claims in the video (pointless, as I don't agree with majority of those arguments anyway) and some of my audience praised the video (to which I respectfully disagreed).
In short, it was more of a prank than a clickbait video - a month later I revisited it and commented on why it was made that bad intentionally.
As far as stats go, it was doing rather well for my channel. However, it was the only time I did it, for a specific reason, and I don't plan to do anything similar ever again. :)
Kind of reminds me of a video I made on a channel which only lasted two weeks, lol. I had no subscribers with the exception of a few online friends, and I uploaded a very awful video I made with an action camera whilst driving to work where I was commenting on something in the news. I never intended it to be watched by anyone other than my own in-group but it ended up with about 10k views but because of the controversial nature I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and deleted the channel.

My one viral(ish) video I ever had killed my channel, lol.