Have you ever stooped low for success?

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a new ASMRtist and I was just reading up about some people that I follow. Our channels can feature other channels and I was just going through some of the ones I had. I don't want to feature someone that I don't agree with no matter how "famous" they may be. I have too much pride to kiss a$$

One particular person is doing ASMR now as well but he had another channel where he failed at what he was doing. He used part of that channel to promote anti-ASMR and bullied females for promoting sexuality to increase views and build their communities.

That drama, by and large, generated a bigger following for him. He saw the benefits of the ASMR community and had an about face. I don't know how genuine he is now but suffice to say, I no longer support him.

He shamed some people, insulted the community, but is still massively successful in that same genre. It's a slap in the face to anyone who tries hard to do things with integrity.

Would you stoop low and do this if it meant your time to success would decrease?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I see this a lot on YouTube on educational / how-to channels. There are a lot of charlatans who try to portray themselves as gurus in a particular subject, whereas in reality they know very little about it. Certainly not enough to be teaching others. They're just marketers.

The adage "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" is so so true on Youtube. Many of these "gurus" have perhaps a bit more knowledge about XXXX than their viewers and that is enough tomake them appear as "experts". They then use smoke and mirrors, clickbait titles and thumbnails, cleavage, booming voices etc, in order to gloss over all the stuff they don't know and pump out vague "advice" videos that don't have any real value. Many of them recycle other people's terrible advice and knowledge and just repackage it.

I suppose I have made my titles a bit more clickbaity over the years, but I always ensure that the content of my videos is good quality. By "clickbaity", all I'm doing is writing a title that will appeal to a wide audience and be something that someone is actually searching for, rather than being too specific.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
They then use smoke and mirrors, clickbait titles and thumbnails, cleavage, booming voices etc, in order to gloss over all the stuff they don't know and pump out vague "advice" videos that don't have any real value.
The big problem is, how easy they label any other opinion or competition as "haters".

Reactions: Cephus and eroM

Cynthia_87

Reaction score
Unfortunately a friend of mine as stopped this low. She has twice now uploaded someone else's video as her own. One video was talking bad about a famous family vlogger. I knew right away when I seen it that it wasn't her work as it was very detailed. I searched the video title and found that another channel made it and uploaded it. She then downloaded it and posted it as her own. She did this recently again with another video. I'm having a hard time on how to deal with this. I've had my channel longer than hers but she has a lot my subscribers so I don't want to come off as a "hater". I've worked really hard and followed the rules so it's hard when someone rises above by cheating. I believe she also bought a lot of her subscribers. She had less than 100 then when youtube announced the new monetization she jumped to almost 2,000 in one night. Sorry if I do come off sounding like a hater it's just hard to work so hard on something.

eroM

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately a friend of mine as stopped this low. She has twice now uploaded someone else's video as her own. One video was talking bad about a famous family vlogger. I knew right away when I seen it that it wasn't her work as it was very detailed. I searched the video title and found that another channel made it and uploaded it. She then downloaded it and posted it as her own. She did this recently again with another video. I'm having a hard time on how to deal with this. I've had my channel longer than hers but she has a lot my subscribers so I don't want to come off as a "hater". I've worked really hard and followed the rules so it's hard when someone rises above by cheating. I believe she also bought a lot of her subscribers. She had less than 100 then when youtube announced the new monetization she jumped to almost 2,000 in one night. Sorry if I do come off sounding like a hater it's just hard to work so hard on something.
I don't think you're a hater at all. It's quite a common feeling to feel hurt when you see someone cheat and rise up. Hold yourself to higher integrity though because you'll feel better in the long run that you did.

Reactions: Cynthia_87

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Definitely not! It would be so easy as a female ASMRtist to exploit my sexuality and be very suggestive in videos. I’d get to a million in no time. But I have too much integrity to do that