Have you ever lost interest in what your channel is about?

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You do realize that you're allowed to make money off a video that uses Fair Use right...? It literally says on the official copyright website that you're allowed to, but it's simply more difficult to claim Fair Use - Monetizing it doesn't disqualify the video at all. Again, if you need help understanding Fair Use I'm happy to help...
You are trying to take a high road that does not exist. I know first hand YouTube will do absolutely nothing to protect the actual content creator against compilation channels such as yourself. You are making money off other peoples content, ergo you are what is wrong with YouTube. "But I edit and put so much work into my compilations" BOO HOO... Still stolen content my friend.

I understand fair use, and based on that fact you would be buried in a court of law by a YouTuber that wants it bad enough. I hope you get to experience that. Fair Use is being used a blanket statement by all compilation channels. You spin it your way. In the end you are the guy that can't create content without taking (literally taking) from someone else. Deal with it. I am done here.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You are trying to take a high road that does not exist. I know first hand YouTube will do absolutely nothing to protect the actual content creator against compilation channels such as yourself. You are making money off other peoples content, ergo you are what is wrong with YouTube. "But I edit and put so much work into my compilations" BOO HOO... Still stolen content my friend.

I understand fair use, and based on that fact you would be buried in a court of law by a YouTuber that wants it bad enough. I hope you get to experience that. Fair Use is being used a blanket statement by all compilation channels. You spin it your way. In the end you are the guy that can't create content without taking (literally taking) from someone else. Deal with it. I am done here.
Lol, this whole time you have shown me that you don't understand Fair Use whatsoever... also, considering I have over 300 videos and only a small amount of compilation videos, your continued insults are misinformed and laughable at best.

Keep being rude, see where it gets you in life kid, but I'm happy to continue making money offline and online legally and morally.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol, this whole time you have shown me that you don't understand Fair Use whatsoever... also, considering I have over 300 videos and only a small amount of compilation videos, your continued insults are misinformed and laughable at best.

Keep being rude, see where it gets you in life kid, but I'm happy to continue making money offline and online legally and morally.
You think I would check out a channel that openly admits to doing compilation videos after you know my stance? And the notion of making money off other people's hard work is legally and morally right? You are even more delusional than I thought "Kid". I know exactly where it will get you in life. And you will think of these words when the time comes.

Facts are often referred to as "rude" to those that can't accept them. See those sunglasses? They just came down on my face. Deal with it.

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You think I would check out a channel that openly admits to doing compilation videos after you know my stance? And the notion of making money off other people's hard work is legally and morally right? You are even more delusional than I thought "Kid". I know exactly where it will get you in life. And you will think of these words when the time comes.

Facts are often referred to as "rude" to those that can't accept them. See those sunglasses? They just came down on my face. Deal with it.
Yes, when a lawyer, YouTube, and the US Gov all say it's Fair Use, it's legal and moral.
So yeah, I'm fine bud. Anyways, let's not derail this thread anymore. I'm sorry you feel so enraged about my success, but I personally enjoy my triumphs.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Nice, that looks like it's working out okay so far! What did your subs think of the change?
My active subs seem more than happy with the change. When I first uploaded my first "review parody" I got some pretty good feedback in the comment's. Even had someone tell me that it was the best thing I've made so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1490566054,1490565936][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whatever you tell yourself to sleep easy at night. Fair Use means you make no money off it. Are your videos monetized? Yes? There you go. You're in violation. I hope you step on the toes of a YouTuber that has a team of lawyers. You'll get buried. Original content, content you created and shot yourself or bust. You are what is wrong with YouTube.
No offense, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
You can make money off of Fair Use, if you want to check for yourself, it's just one Google search away.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Ok everyone, let's stop with the copyright discussion. It's an interesting discussion but it's OFF-TOPIC. If you want to continue that discussion, please start a new thread in either the copyright section or the debate section. Any more off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.

Ok, let's get this thread back on topic: "Have you ever lost interest in what your channel is about?"

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I constantly lose interest in my channel, then it goes a few weeks then I get interested again.

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My interests didn't change per see because I've always been a cover channel that posts originals occasionally but I used to just cover anything from any genre and doing mainstream stuff just wasn't my thing. What I really wanted to do was cover video game and anime music, and in the last year I've switched to doing that and really enjoy churning out my content now, instead of what I used to do which is try to figure out what to do next and always feeling stressed/burnt out lol. Still have to re-arrange my playlists though, they still reflect the old format of my channel.

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I started out making gaming videos and then I lost interest as I switched over to mostly doing satirical creepypasta narrations. I still want to do some gaming but the creativity that goes into my other videos makes it more fun.

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
For as of right now i still have interest on my channel hope it stays the same