Have you ever interacted with youtube inspirations?

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Earlier this week one of my biggest youtube.music inspirations Tessa Violet like my tweet about music and earlier today another inspiration Rusty Clanton liked and replied to one of my comments on his videos. I realize this is a very small level of interaction but since they responded to comments about music, and they are my music inspirations, I was so elated!
Has anyone had an experience like this either on a small scale, or a larger one with youtubers they really admire?

Reactions: Envision Adventure

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YES! Swoozie is my favorite youtuber. He has liked, commented, and retweeted posts that I made. I was so happy especially when I was in middle and highschool. It's always refreshing when people acknowledge their followers.

Reactions: Hopeless Insomniac

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's really cool! It's always nice when a bigger YouTuber replies to comments, considering that they typically get a ton of comments on every video.

Only one time I can recall anything similar happening to me. One of my favorite YouTubers TheLifeOfJord(He's a travel vlogger and makes some really great videos, been a big inspiration to me) has liked a few of my Instagram pics I've put up. That was really cool.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
YES! Swoozie is my favorite youtuber. He has liked, commented, and retweeted posts that I made. I was so happy especially when I was in middle and highschool. It's always refreshing when people acknowledge their followers.
I love Swoozie!It is nice especially with youtubers with a larger fanbase who still take the time to interact with their followers![DOUBLEPOST=1483645088,1483645059][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's really cool! It's always nice when a bigger YouTuber replies to comments, considering that they typically get a ton of comments on every video.

Only one time I can recall anything similar happening to me. One of my favorite YouTubers TheLifeOfJord(He's a travel vlogger and makes some really great videos, been a big inspiration to me) has liked a few of my Instagram pics I've put up. That was really cool.
That sounds awesome! It is the little things :)

Reactions: Envision Adventure

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The closest I've had to this is one of my favourite bands singers commenting on a video of mine. I was so stoked and started high-fiving random people at University.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A very big food channel here in the UK called sorted food, said they liked my stuff which was awesome seeing as they have nearly 2 million subs. i'd left a comment on their community section about something, and they said they thought my stuff was great. That moment will stick with me forever I think, knowing that your peers and people you look up to have said something like that. :)

Gina Tharin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I met Dodie Clark, Tessa Violet, Rusty Clanton, and Jon Cozart (All huge inspirations to me) at one of their shows during their Transatlantic Tour, and Dodie liked one of my tweets. [emoji2]

Mrcento

Reaction score
Yeah i regularly talk with a couple of mine to the point i'm on first name terms with them lol.

I don't get why people are so worked up about talking to inspitations and celebs, They are people too! I've dealt with a few through work etc and people wonder why i don't get excited or startstruck with some.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
The closest I've had to this is one of my favourite bands singers commenting on a video of mine. I was so stoked and started high-fiving random people at University.
I know the feeling xD I was telling everyone I knew about it ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1484096008,1484095882][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah i regularly talk with a couple of mine to the point i'm on first name terms with them lol.

I don't get why people are so worked up about talking to inspitations and celebs, They are people too! I've dealt with a few through work etc and people wonder why i don't get excited or startstruck with some.
I think, personally at least, it isn't so much about the "celebrity" aspect of it. Instead it is about people who are so talented that I admire what they are capable of creating. There is a little bit of feeling like you aren't on the same talent level with them. But of course, like you said, they are just people too.