Have you ever had a collaboration problem?

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Like you both started to collaborate on a project, but that project never gets finished? I had quite few of these problems. Anyone had something similar or different situation?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup! A good number of times, I've recorded video for a dual project that never saw the light of day. Now I make sure that we're on the same page as to exactly when we'll be uploading the videos, so that I don't go through extra work just to be disappointed.

Reactions: Maarij Bashir

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup! A good number of times, I've recorded video for a dual project that never saw the light of day. Now I make sure that we're on the same page as to exactly when we'll be uploading the videos, so that I don't go through extra work just to be disappointed.
Man that sucks. I hear you.
I collaborated with a few metalcore vocalists and we were planning on releasing songs on our channels. However, after that they just went silent. This happened to me 3 times. We've plan something, get ready for that project, then they just dip out. I don't know maybe lack of motivation? So I kind of strayed away from making metalcore music now.

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Man that sucks. I hear you.
I collaborated with a few metalcore vocalists and we were planning on releasing songs on our channels. However, after that they just went silent. This happened to me 3 times. We've plan something, get ready for that project, then they just dip out. I don't know maybe lack of motivation? So I kind of strayed away from making metalcore music now.
Aw, that stinks, that a bad experience moved you away from it.

Reactions: Maarij Bashir

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Aw, that stinks, that a bad experience moved you away from it.
Yeah, I still want to make metalcore music. Just hopefully I can find the right vocalists who is dedicated to their craft. As for right now I'll stick to making orchestral music.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I avoid collabs for this soul purpose lol. I feel like I'd work hard on something and the other person wouldn't put as much effort into it.

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
collabs is something I really want to get into, just hard fighting the right people to do them with,

not a lot of youtubes here in northern Ireland so hard to do any in person to.

Bombiebru

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had it happen twice. Both times the person and I were fully communicating up until the day we were supposed to post and them they would no longer respond and after a week or so I just deleted the video (never fully posted it in the first place) It is frustrating since I am busy and it can be hard to keep up with their schedule. I have decided not to collab anymore. I honestly can say it never really helped ether of our channels out in the past.