Have you ever been recognized in Public from your videos!?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am just interested to see if there is anyone that has been recognized in public because of their youtube videos? What was the interaction like? Was it awkward? Were you nervous?

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been recognised once and it was such an awesome feeling. He seemed slightly nervous at first but then I also had some nervousness and I think that cooled him down haha. I thought it was going to be awkward but it ended up really well. We talked about self-development books that we read and about what we planned to do with our lives for about 15 minutes. Was an incredibly good and humbling feeling.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A couple of times at Cars and Coffee and one time at the Dallas auto show. It was pretty funny, and I don't mind it at all. Most of the car reviews I have done are from people that watch my videos. Some of which I have met at Cars and Coffee, some contacted me or I came in to contact with via my social media.

It really became second nature to me, I love meeting people with the same interests as me.

Andy J. Valer

The Awko-Taco
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been recognized twice in public (not including people from school who I never knew). Actually, I think about it now and these both happened at events for Tyler Oakley. Anyways, the first time I was recognized at Tyler's Binge Book tour in NJ. I was just sitting in line with a friend and all of a sudden I look over and this girl just gasps while looking at me, I literally thought that my hair was on fire or a spider was on my face. It turns out that she watched my videos and came over, said hi, we took a picture and I talked to her for a bit, but I was very awkward with it because i didn't know how to approach it. Otherwise a good experience!

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Once in the city I was recognized and the girl asked for a picture of me! It was pretty cool actually hahah

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I've been recognized from tv. But not YouTube

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I haven't yet, but I've been part of a brilliant YouTube community group on Facebook for about a year now and I'm going to be meeting one of my friends through there at Comic Con this weekend!

Reactions: HandsomeNature14

Megamindez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh wow, that's pretty cool. All I remember is the time when I approached some random guy with a friend, and it turned out he didn't have a youtube channel....awkward :D

Reactions: PrincessKairiSkye