Have slow Uploads? Try this

Onfire53

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been using HandBrake for the last two years now and it has helped me in so many ways but one way it has helped me the most was when i were to upload to youtube. It cuts the file size down so much that a 30 min upload can take 10 mins. There is no loss of quality and you can convert the video file to what you would like! Its just pure awesomeness!

Take a look at my video on how HandBrake works!
http://full.sc/1a0tSEf

Thanks and i hope this helped everyone out that might have the same issues as i have.

Reactions: TheFNetwork

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey onfire53, nice post bud. Handbrake is used by many encoders who release tv shows, movies etc. Would you recommend using the software after I have finished all my editing?

TheFNetwork

Onfire53

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey onfire53, nice post bud. Handbrake is used by many encoders who release tv shows, movies etc. Would you recommend using the software after I have finished all my editing?

TheFNetwork
I edit my videos with FinalCut Pro and after im done editing and export the video i always throw it through handbrake to compress it. I would recommend useing handbrake after you have done all your editing. Now if while your editing, and the videos take a long time to render, compressing them before importing them into your editing software can sometimes cure that as well.

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey bud, just checked out the tutorial video really easy to follow. Keep it up bud a lot of people will find it helpful. Hope you upload more tutorials in the future bud.
I will be testing out 1080p files using the software. When I first started to work with 1080p files my PC wouldn't be able to handle it, instead the editing software would freeze. Now I can test 1080p files using Handbrake.

BTW, when I want to convert 1080p files using the Handbrake software do I need to do anything under "Web-optimized"? As the source will be 1080p files.

Thanks

TheFNetwork

Onfire53

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Web Optimized just basicly encodes it for use on the web. You could use it if you wish. I have noticed that i does help with the processing of the video after you upload to youtube.

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yea Web Optimized does help out alot it reduces the file size dramatically. But I;m just getting worried about the quality. Does it remain the same?

TheFNetwork

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Surely will be testing it out bud. The "Encoding" process can very depending on PC right?

TheFNetwork

Onfire53

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its fairly quick. It all depends on how large the file is that your encoding. Im No expert on the program but since i been on youtube i have used it on every single one of my videos and i have had no issues once so ever. Left me know what you think when you try it out.

TheFNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On the video that you posted it was "encoding" quite fast, then again the file size was quite small and you perhaps had a better PC spec.
I see alot of encoders use the software and they intend to use some of the advanced features. I will try asking around and hopefully they can give more info about the software.
Surely bud I will feedback on the software. Will try it out as soon as I've rendered my current project file.

TheFNetwork

EDIT:- I'm testing out a 23GB 720p file.

Last edited: