Have any of you guys paid to get your profile picture or banner done?

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lately, I've been looking for someone to do a cartoon of me for a new watermark and profile picture to rebrand my channel and a lot of Instagram cartoonist would charge and I realized I had a best friend who is great at drawing cartoons luckily and she did me one for free! I'm so excited about it and was wondering if any of you guys are working on rebranding making logos, or watermarks?

Attachments

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I paid for my banner. 5 bucks on Fiverr and I think the guy did a great job:) Quite often I think about rebranding or changing style though but I really don´t know. When you got a new channel it can be hard to find the irght style I think and I have changed my concept a little since I started

Jamie

Maestro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think you should always pay for stuff that people create for you. A lot of people don't like to pay for art and this is just unacceptable. Artists are putting a lot of work and thought into something and they should also get something in return as well (apart from recognition). I also get asked a lot of times, whether I create customized music tracks for free but I never do, and I think no one should. Everyone has to pay their bills.

Be nice :) Pay the artist!

RoxelGraphics

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think you should always pay for stuff that people create for you. A lot of people don't like to pay for art and this is just unacceptable. Artists are putting a lot of work and thought into something and they should also get something in return as well (apart from recognition). I also get asked a lot of times, whether I create customized music tracks for free but I never do, and I think no one should. Everyone has to pay their bills.

This isn't entirely true: I've been doing commissioned YouTube designs for 3/4 years now and I wouldn't have gotten into it if it weren't for all the free jobs I did for friends - for like a year - to practice at the start. It takes time to get to a point where your designs/art are worth money, if that weren't the case everyone would do it

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive used Fivver and ive used a guy from here. Actually whilst on the subject I wouldnt mind an updated one... Now to remember who I used..

Reactions: RoxelGraphics

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer

That is exactly what I was going to say. I am working on my upcoming gaming channel and I have hired someone to make a pixel animated intro for me, and I've also contacted someone to make some chibi designs and asked for a quote. Artists put a lot of effort, time, and hard work into what they create, and they deserve to be compensated for that. Would you not want to be paid for a job you have done?
I do not have much money, but told the person I hired for the intro that, as I valued their work, they would be paid. The quote he gave me was very reasonable, he mentioned that he would be ok with me splitting the payment in whatever amount I was able to pay, and he also said that he would still give me the final product even if I hadn't finished paying. Furthermore, even though we've agreed that I would make the first payment at the end of the month, he already sent over a rough draft of what I asked.

It's all about how you present yourself. If you show people respect, they are more likely to return the favour and willing to make compromises that would work in your favour. :)

Reactions: Jamie

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I think it's always good to pay an artist :) By personal experience (being an artist and doing various things) It helps them grow and feel motivated as well to be able to do something for someone else besides family and friends (which I sometimes for friends do stuff for free :) )

GameGabe

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nah i've did everything by myself since i love to create and it makes the day go away a bit faster :)