"Have a list of blogs which push your videos!"

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
On YT creator academy they state you should not only promote links to your videos to blogs which you think would post your videos but in fact have "a list" of blogs and websites which DO post your videos... It sounds like this has to be a common practice done by many YouTubers... I mean a list? It also seems a bit optimistic, and yet there it is. (I forgot in which course.) The logic being also that they (the blogs) enrich their content with your videos if they are good on a given subject... What do you people think about that? Do you promote your videos to related blogs?? You have a list of related blogs? :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I dont have a list with blogs (think it might work though is the blogs are good and well known)
I think most Youtubers use social media to promote videos. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit etc. I found that Especially Reddit work well with the kinds of videos I do.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
No I dont have a list with blogs (think it might work though is the blogs are good and well known)
I think most Youtubers use social media to promote videos. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit etc. I found that Especially Reddit work well with the kinds of videos I do.
Thank you for the information. I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1512580625,1512580457][/DOUBLEPOST]
No.. because it’s hard finding a blog that isnt a spam-farm willing to post other people’s videos.
Thank you for your perspective. I didn't expect something like that.Thanks! But what about big & legit websites / blogs..? I have this idea of writing to some of the big science blogs and try to push my videos. You think it's worth it?

Justin West

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you ever considered creating your own blog? If you already have a bit of YouTube traction this could give you a bigger SEO footprint and attract more readers and sharers of your videos.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Have you ever considered creating your own blog? If you already have a bit of YouTube traction this could give you a bigger SEO footprint and attract more readers and sharers of your videos.
Thanks for the reply! I'm planning to do my own blog with the same name as the channel where I will cover the same topics but have tons of other stuff. I'm thinking a lot about that actually...

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
It's a good idea, but a little bit difficult to find such niche blogs and establish good relationships with the owners/editors.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
On YT creator academy they state you should not only promote links to your videos to blogs which you think would post your videos but in fact have "a list" of blogs and websites which DO post your videos... It sounds like this has to be a common practice done by many YouTubers... I mean a list? It also seems a bit optimistic, and yet there it is. (I forgot in which course.) The logic being also that they (the blogs) enrich their content with your videos if they are good on a given subject... What do you people think about that? Do you promote your videos to related blogs?? You have a list of related blogs? :)
I made a list of blogs related to my niche where I messaged tons of them from the smallest to the biggest not a single of them got back to me & I talked to another YouTuber with 20K+ subscribers who did the same & in his opinion it was waste of time but we hear stories about other YouTubers who had success with it so the conclusion is that for some YouTubers it works and for others it doesn't.

Reactions: Broccoli Shmoccoli

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I made a list of blogs related to my niche where I messaged tons of them from the smallest to the biggest not a single of them got back to me & I talked to another YouTuber with 20K+ subscribers who did the same & in his opinion it was waste of time but we hear stories about other YouTubers who had success with it so the conclusion is that for some YouTubers it works and for others it doesn't.
That's interesting... Thank you for the information!