HAUPPAUGE HD PVR High Definition

NGSilverwolf

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i need to know if a can atleast do some vids through my laptop. the specs are 2gb ram, only dual core 1.5ghz, no special graphics just got sis mirage graphics/video card, does all of the coding go on inside of the hauppauge or does my laptop have to do it. i can do videos of the dazzle platinum so.

xHoNNy7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can adjust the quality of the HD PVR to be able to work with your system. If you set the settings too high then it will stutter in the recorded gameplay and have screen tearing. Finding a good encoding bit rate is important. If you purchase an HD PVR at Best Buy, you have a limited return time policy so you might as well try it out and return it if you don't like it or it doesn't work. Especially around the holidays they have an extended time period :D

NGSilverwolf

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for that info:) i have already bought one its the original haupauge or what ever it is and it is really god quality i am just waiting for the component wire :(

xHoNNy7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did it not come with all the cables that you needed? What exactly is your setup that you are trying to do?

NGSilverwolf

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it came with everything except the hd component cable to i have bought one and just waiting for it :)

xHoNNy7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did you buy it from a store or their site or from somewhere like ebay?

xHoNNy7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay that makes sense then, when I bought my original HD PVR it didn't come with the USB cable, since I got it from ebay, but since then I have upgraded to the HD PVR2 since I run HDMI and Astros.