Haul video review!

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently uploaded a spring 2018 haul video and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the way I edited the video, the quality of the video, and if it is worth watching in other people's opinion.
Thank you!!!

Jed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so...
Video: It was shot well. Your framing was good, lighting was good and you were in focus so the basics are on point. If you are looking for ways in which you could maybe improve your video quality from here onwards I have a few suggestions:
- At some points I feel like maybe you could have cut a bit more to hide some of the time you spent thinking or using fillers. It was mainly at the start. But I could also understand if you said that it adds to the conversation tone and feeling of the video and as such makes your audience feel connected to you and makes the video feel a little more personal than you just giving them a list of clothes that you bought. So it's just about balancing between the conversational feel and cutting out awkward pauses really.
- You could colour grade to give your video more of a stylised look and also make the colours in your video pop a bit more and give the video as a whole a more polished feeling.

Audio: I could hear you speaking ok but the music was too loud to the point that it was distracting me from your voice. I also feel like the music choice didn't really fit the video and how you were behaving on camera as it was very 'excitable' (it's the only word I can think of right now...) and you were more calm and relaxed so I think that choosing a different piece of music would have helped to set the tone better. Also you could use multiple songs just so it doesn't feel repetitive... But again that's a bit of personal preference

Thumbnail: The text on a lot of your thumbnails are hard to read because they are too small and also the colours are often too similar to the colour of the background so they clash with it. Also I think that feathering the pictures of you wearing the different items of clothing on top of the base picture of you doesn't really work and looks kind of awkward. I think it would be better to have the photos side by side with bold lines separating them or just have one photo maybe with you holding a shopping bag to leave people guessing as to what is in the bag

All in all it was quite an entertaining video
I hope my comments have helped. I just want to say that a lot of the stuff I said was personal preference and not law, if you fundamentally disagree with anything I've said feel free to ignore it - after all it is your channel

Good luck for your future videos

Last edited:
Reactions: Brittneytaylorwg