Haters disliking my videos, but friends aren't liking them.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I have a serious lack of likes on my videos as compared to dislikes.
47 Likes and 30 Dislikes just this month.
I don't want to disable the feature because I want people to be able to like my videos if they want to.
How do I know people are hating and not just disliking? 10/13/12 I got 27 dislikes and on 10/30/12 I got 3 dislikes.
I understand going in and disliking videos as you watch them but all of those in one day? Seriously?
Any tips for fighting the haters?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All you can really do if you wish to keep the ratings on is block these people, it sucks if you dont know their accounts though.

PennaDSGN

Howdy Ho!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I know it's hard to do this but you really just need to ignore the dislike bar, Focus on those who are liking you're videos and make sure they know that you're grateful for that. At the end of the day you're going to get 'haters' regardless of whether you're content is bad/good. I'd say stick to what you're doing, Don't remove the like/dislike feature and don't change what you're doing with you're channel. Give gratitude to the people that are supporting you're channel and forget about the dislikes there just doing it to be trolls.

Reactions: Michael

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
All you can really do if you wish to keep the ratings on is block these people, it sucks if you dont know their accounts though.
I don't know their accounts. I wish there was a way to see who dislikes my videos like this.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Are you liking your friends videos and supporting them?

Calvisions

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Put an annotation in the video to ask people to leave a comment with their thoughts on the video. Maybe that way you can figure out why you're getting the dislikes

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Are you liking your friends videos and supporting them?
Now why would I ever support my friends? It's not like they're my friends or anything /sarcasm
Of course I am! I always do. Do I need to post in the comments that I did for people to realized I did? >.< I shouldn't have to.

Put an annotation in the video to ask people to leave a comment with their thoughts on the video. Maybe that way you can figure out why you're getting the dislikes
Good idea, thanks. I think it's because I don't use a HD cam and I don't show enough cleavage.

Benny Luo

Reaction score
Focus on making great content. Thats all I will say.

If you want a direct answer then annotations on getting people to "thumbs up" your video is really popular amongst a lot of the YouTubers that I've worked with. You can also tell your fans to do so at the end of each of your videos.

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Focus on making great content. Thats all I will say.

If you want a direct answer then annotations on getting people to "thumbs up" your video is really popular amongst a lot of the YouTubers that I've worked with. You can also tell your fans to do so at the end of each of your videos.
I've recently put a pic up at the end of my video asking them to rate, comment and sub.

TVSBOH

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a troll who uses 16 separate accounts to thumbs down ALL of my videos. He was also posting a negative comment on the video, which was helpful because then I could block him. That doesn't stop them from using their accounts to thumbs down, however. I was so angry and frustrated. I WATCHED this person comment and then WATCHED the dislikes go from 0 to 16 in about 5 minutes. YouTube does not have the capacity to help us in this situation. So, I had to disable ratings on all of my videos until they get bored. Now, likely they are one of my subscribers and likely checks when new videos come out. Whatever. I will monitor the situation and decided when to bring back ratings. It's frustrating as a new channel to have 14 legitimate likes and no dislikes, and then this so and so comes in every time and dislikes it all up...The joys![DOUBLEPOST=1352210773,1352210741][/DOUBLEPOST]I also reported the account to YouTube for harassment.

Reactions: enzerutomoshibi