Haters are your New Best Friend.

Danny

<------This guy is an idiot
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That was actually some good points you brought up, I luckily haven't received any negative feed back yet, but I know to well its gonna come lol reading this gives me motivation not to let haters stop what i enjoy doing but take there advice (like what you said) thanx :-D

allisonmacd

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely think that "haters" can be a valuable thing when it comes to fine tuning your content.
As long as there is something constructive to be extrapolated from the comment, it might be worth a listen.
I've been called out on trying too hard before and after a little reflection I kind of agreed and made adjustments.
But yeah. Trolls are a different beast.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Constructive criticism isn't really "haters" though. Haters are like.. haters hahaha. They hate you, cause they're jealous, they say ridiculous baseless cruel things designed to upset and scare you. And I love to play with them, cause their minds are clouded with rage, so they are easily outwitted ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1346391891,1346391832][/DOUBLEPOST]
Constructive criticism isn't really "haters" though. Haters are like.. haters hahaha. They hate you, cause they're jealous, they say ridiculous baseless cruel things designed to upset and scare you. And I love to play with them, cause their minds are clouded with rage, so they are easily outwitted ;)
Well, not outwitted... when you stay calm and interact showing no sign of caring about their hate at all, oh man it's funny

WuddupCJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Constructive criticism isn't really "haters" though. Haters are like.. haters hahaha. They hate you, cause they're jealous, they say ridiculous baseless cruel things designed to upset and scare you. And I love to play with them, cause their minds are clouded with rage, so they are easily outwitted ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1346391891,1346391832][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, not outwitted... when you stay calm and interact showing no sign of caring about their hate at all, oh man it's funny
Totally agree. I think the term 'hater' is thrown around so loosely at times that people forget that it is alright to have a negative response towards someone elses work as long as you can support your negativity and show the person where they went wrong. If people just view their work as solid gold that has no flaws then that is their problem for not being able to accept a bit of criticism.

A hater and troll are very synonymous. A hater is just out right hateful and extremely obvious with their destructive intent while a troll is a person who plays mind tricks to possibly build you up then smash any of that confidence you may have felt. I remember this one forum had given this 12 year old kid like 3000+ subs in like 12 hours and then he releases a video saying how happy he was and all his plans for his channel now that he had subs. Then less than a day later everyone unsubbed just to crush the kid's hopes. All in hopes that he'd make a depressed response video so that they could ask him if he was mad. I guess just keep that in mind next time you feel that someone is 'hating' on you when they're just giving you constructive criticism.

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I remember this one forum had given this 12 year old kid like 3000+ subs in like 12 hours and then he releases a video saying how happy he was and all his plans for his channel now that he had subs. Then less than a day later everyone unsubbed just to crush the kid's hopes. All in hopes that he'd make a depressed response video so that they could ask him if he was mad. I guess just keep that in mind next time you feel that someone is 'hating' on you when they're just giving you constructive criticism.
Oh wow, that just breaks my heart!!! Poor kid. :(

I once had someone comment on my "drastic hair makeover" (where I went from really long, halfway-down-my-back hair to short just-below-chin-length hair) that my new haircut looked like it was cut with a rock. I ignored the comment but started my next video with me "cutting" my hair with a rock. You can watch it below if you want. It's just the first couple of seconds so you don't have to watch the whole thing. =P