Hate or Criticism?

shinyvictreebel

PokeTuber
Introduction:
Ever since I signed up on this forum, I have noticed that many people complain about hate and trolls. I have been one of those people, but I have had a change in heart lately. I have noticed that what many on this forum consider hate is really just criticism. I have been very intrigued by this lately so I have decided to create this article on it. If you think you are getting hate, or simply want to know what the difference between hate and criticism is, this article is for you.

Criticism:
Although the comment may seem mean, it may actually be criticism that you can take and improve on. An example of this would be a comment like, "Your voice is really boring." A comment like this should not be immediately removed. If you see a comment like this, you should examine what the complaint is and see how you can improve on their complaint.

Then there are obvious criticisms like, "You should improve on [insert complaint here]" You should NEVER disregard these comments because there is usually something you can draw from it.

Legitimate Hate:
However, there are still people out there who just make mean comments for fun. These comments are usually simple insults like, "You SUCK!" and tend not to have anything to do with the video itself. If there is no direct reference on how you can improve on your videos, you know you have a hate comment on your hands. The best thing to do in this instance is to just ignore it. If you see more than one hate comment from the same person, you should take action, and ban the person from your channel.

Conclusion:
I have had experience with both criticism and hate, and I think many people are reluctant to take criticism on their videos. I hope this article has helped you differentiate between hate and criticism, and I look forward to the day when we don't have to deal with this problem.

So true, and I also feel this way about the dislike bar as well. A lot of people seem to hate it, and if you only get 1 or 2, then yeah, it's no big deal and nothing to stress over, but if you do have a video that has almost as many dislikes as likes, then maybe there's something up with the video.

For instance, when somebody makes a video called "NEW ZELDA TRAILER RELEASED", and then they make a video just of themselves talking about it for 5 minutes, then people will dislike it. And then they try to play it off as "just haters", when most people probably expected to see the trailer, or at least pics from it. (I use this example because this was actually something I heard from somebody).

Basically, don't let negative feedback ever hurt your feelings, but take it in and see if you can use it to grow.

Sometimes it can be unwarranted, some people can be hurtful to people with bright ideas, might not be their cup of tea.

Back