Has Anyone Hired A Youtube Consultant/Coach?

damiend

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I have a youtube channel of almost 40k subscribers, I publish 2 videos a week, and it gets about $5k in sales a month. So it's not a big channel, but it's okay, and helps drive some extra income into the company. I think there's a lot of potential to grow the channel further.

I'd really like to get it growing at a greater pace - increase my exposure etc. Like everyone really. But I'm struggling to know what more can be done.

So My question as the title suggests is: has anyone worked with a consultant/coach before? Was it worth it? Did you get good results?

I am aware that there is a tonne of free information out there, and I believe I've consumed most of it, but I figure that I can fumble around for a while, or pay someone to identify the easy best next steps to take things to the next level (as I do with my clients). It's one thing to know the 200 things I could work on to try to improve results, it's another for an expert to look and go "ahh yeah, these 5 things are holding you back more than anything else, if you just fixed them in THIS way, you'll get a huge improvement".

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am aware that there is a tonne of free information out there, and I believe I've consumed most of it
Exactly. So keep on using all the fre info (here on Yttalk and Youtube etc) and save your money :) You are doing great so just keep on the good work dude

SteviesLilWorld

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
5k a month?
So you get about 3-5 million views a month with only 40,000 subscribers?

Doesn't sound like you need a consultant or a coach.
I wouldn't waste my money hiring one, there's nothing that they can tell you that you're not going to find on the net for free.

Jonat

Reaction score
If my channel was making $5K a month and overall cash flow was good (did not need that $ to make rent), I might invest a grand or so to find ways to move the channel up a level. I would have to be convinced that the consultant or coach really knew their stuff, that they would spot an opportunity I was unaware of.