Has Anyone Here Been Dumped by Maker Studios Yet?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
From what I see on the WWW News, Disney is cutting Maker staff and is planning to drop close to 55,000 YT channels from its partnership. It's likely that any channels retained will be required to sign a "morality clause" as those channels will now be considered official representatives of the Disney brand.

I know that the "upgraded contract" I rejected last August contained such a clause; and this was one of the reasons but not the main one which made me reject that contract. In apparent hopes of my reconsidering, my Maker Max Dashboard has been left active; but I think this will shortly change.

If you've had your Maker Membership deleted in the past week or three, with or without explanation, please respond to this thread so a history may be created. Also ongoing deletions please feel free to post here.

Reactions: Game_Walkthroughs

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wow.

As expected, they used a lot of words but gave very little understandable explanation. "More targeted approach" seems rather vague to me...but I think it may mean something like "we're letting everyone go who doesn't make us a ton of money". Thanks for sharing, @unratedcreators!

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've seen more and more people get emails than keep pushing the date back. Like the final payment will be in April. Then in May. I'm for someone to report getting an email that their last payment will be in June.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Will be very interesting indeed to see when those final payments actually come. I'm also wondering about those members who are getting downline commission from people who joined under them. If those downline members are retained by Maker rather than dumped, do their uplines still get paid?