Has anyone heard of Top buzz

Bambibot

Reaction score
I got an email from them. I am a little surprised since I am not even monitized. So I don't make any money. Am I being overly paranoid or am I right to be sceptical? It just seems weird. It also feels robotic.

"My name is Nancy and I'm a member of the TopBuzz Team. I'm reaching out to you because your kmart clothing haul and storytime on chior (vlogmas 5) on YouTube really catches our eyes.

TopBuzz is a platform which we've worked hard to build up and we expect it to be an open platform where every creator can share their ideas and find their kindred spirits. Besides, we offer you hard-to-resist profits as long as you create much-viewed content. With more appealing content, you will receive more views and generate more revenues.

Also, you can either contribute separate content to our platform or just synchronize your blog or channel directly to our platform. Both will generate click-based revenue for you.

Right now we have a special bonus for you to monetize your influence: as long as you sign into TopBuzz via your YouTube account, you will get a sign-up bonus(from $1 up to $500) based on the number of your subscribers from each platform. You can also earn a bonus of at least 20% of your total 14-day posting earnings starting from your sign-up day.

Therefore, I'd love to invite you to become one of our creators and join the TopBuzz big family.

We believe that your presence will make TopBuzz even a better place for content creation."

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
No. If you haven't heard of it, nobody else has either.
Very strange; as they have a channel on YouTube with nearly 20,000 subscribers. I must confess to not having checked how much traffic I am getting there. As I said, I uploaded two videos and walked away.

To the OP; the bonus they are trying to offer you makes them look desperate to me. Perhaps they are now trying to cash in on the new YPP rule change initiated channel demonetizations?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@UKHypnotist Did you get anywhere with this? I've just got an invite.
I did set up a channel, upload a few videos; then I basically walked away from the site to see how they would perform unpromoted and unattended.

This is my usual procedure with a site that is unproven. I'll check on those videos tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for reminding me!

I am seeing zilch, zip, nada for impressions and views. I am going to link this channel on my Twitter feed and see what happens. I did get a single like for a post; but it's painfully obvious that this site has a very long way to go before it will be considered mainstream.

My personal advice? If you have the time to waste, go ahead and set up on Topbuzz; it could be a good fallback position in case of (gods forbid) your YouTube running into trouble. Just don't expect it to earn you anything for a long long time.

If you are looking for mega ad rev? Avoid like the plague until I say otherwise. I am keeping my finger on the pulse of this one.

Most of the "big draw" channels are major news media such as The Independent, Reuters, AP, etc. I have a screen shot of what the "Topbuzzers" search turns up...

Topbuzzers.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: The BBQ Chef

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had checked into this but to be honest, it's not something that is suitable for my genre.