Has anyone had any success with backlinks?

AlAlpha

Reaction score
I was browsing on Fiverr and apparently people offer thousands of backlinks for cheap enough. There are even free websites I believe that will do the same thing. I am not sure what backlinks are or how they work but apparently they help with SEO.

I would like to here anyones thoughts on this!

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Backlinking is part of off-site SEO. Basically the more reputable websites link to your content, the more reputable you seem to search algorithms and thus, increase your chances of ranking higher (assuming of course that the backlinks are from places actually relevant to what you do).

I've had good success about 3-4 years ago when I experimented with backlinking on my SADES SA-903 review. What I basically did was create a video review on my YouTube channel and a written review on my Wordpress blog. Both pieces of content link back to each other, so it creates a positive loop of backlinking. The YouTube video has over 102k views now and brings in the most revenue out of all my videos even today. The Wordpress post + the YouTube video also appear at the top of Google search results when looking for SADES SA-903 reviews.

Reactions: Mandee Magenta

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's so pre-2008. What they try to do is dump your video links into crappy irrelevant blogs. All these blogs are part of the same scam networks. The algos have evolves way way past that. It's very likely the google algos have already detected those blog networks as spam, and marked them as such. It could have an adverse effect on your channel. What they offer on fiver is junk, don't waste your $5. Donate it to a worthy cause instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1490064060,1490063927][/DOUBLEPOST]
Backlinking is part of off-site SEO. Basically the more reputable websites link to your content, the more reputable you seem to search algorithms and thus, increase your chances of ranking higher (assuming of course that the backlinks are from places actually relevant to what you do).

I've had good success about 3-4 years ago when I experimented with backlinking on my SADES SA-903 review. What I basically did was create a video review on my YouTube channel and a written review on my Wordpress blog. Both pieces of content link back to each other, so it creates a positive loop of backlinking. The YouTube video has over 102k views now and brings in the most revenue out of all my videos even today. The Wordpress post + the YouTube video also appear at the top of Google search results when looking for SADES SA-903 reviews.
That works because you are not spamming your video link 10,000 times, but putting it on a relevant blog associated with your channel and matched to your metadata. Running a blog concurrent to your channel is a great idea to get ranking in both Google search and Yt search.

Reactions: Kristeen

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Google has been able to detect and Google-slap you for fake backlinks for a long time now.
Here is a tip: anytime you find anyone/anything that is supposed to help or guarantee you fast results for a few (or a lot of) dollars, you will only be hurting yourself. It might work now, but those boys over at the Googleplex are smart, and will not only figure it out, but will also likely punish you for it.
There are no shortcuts.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That's so pre-2008. What they try to do is dump your video links into crappy irrelevant blogs. All these blogs are part of the same scam networks. The algos have evolves way way past that. It's very likely the google algos have already detected those blog networks as spam, and marked them as such. It could have an adverse effect on your channel. What they offer on fiver is junk, don't waste your $5. Donate it to a worthy cause instead.
Ditto what @KiddieToysReview says. There are many different companies out there offering backlinking opportunities that work through the gaps and grey areas of Google's rules (still pretty sketchy but my boss, who's been in the web hosting business and digital industry for a while, has mentioned that some of these actually work well), and some agencies that allow you to get in touch with influencers so you can get some legit backlinks to your stuff. But at the end of the day, these require more sophisticated thought, expertise, and resources so they're much more expensive than the typical Fiverr offerings.

You're really better off using that $5 on maybe some branding resources, or perhaps a cheap/on-sale Udemy course on SEO.[DOUBLEPOST=1490069092,1490068911][/DOUBLEPOST]Try looking up "Why you should never buy CRAP BACKLINKS: An Experiment" from a blog called ShoutMeLoud. You'll see what @KiddieToysReview, @The NotARubicon! and I mean.

AlAlpha

Reaction score
That's so pre-2008. What they try to do is dump your video links into crappy irrelevant blogs. All these blogs are part of the same scam networks. The algos have evolves way way past that. It's very likely the google algos have already detected those blog networks as spam, and marked them as such. It could have an adverse effect on your channel. What they offer on fiver is junk, don't waste your $5. Donate it to a worthy cause instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1490064060,1490063927][/DOUBLEPOST]

That works because you are not spamming your video link 10,000 times, but putting it on a relevant blog associated with your channel and matched to your metadata. Running a blog concurrent to your channel is a great idea to get ranking in both Google search and Yt search.
Thank you so much. Im quite new to youtube so I appreciate your help. Do you have any tips for me on how I actually can grow my channel?
Thanks

AlAlpha

Reaction score
Ditto what @KiddieToysReview says. There are many different companies out there offering backlinking opportunities that work through the gaps and grey areas of Google's rules (still pretty sketchy but my boss, who's been in the web hosting business and digital industry for a while, has mentioned that some of these actually work well), and some agencies that allow you to get in touch with influencers so you can get some legit backlinks to your stuff. But at the end of the day, these require more sophisticated thought, expertise, and resources so they're much more expensive than the typical Fiverr offerings.

You're really better off using that $5 on maybe some branding resources, or perhaps a cheap/on-sale Udemy course on SEO.[DOUBLEPOST=1490069092,1490068911][/DOUBLEPOST]Try looking up "Why you should never buy CRAP BACKLINKS: An Experiment" from a blog called ShoutMeLoud. You'll see what @KiddieToysReview, @The NotARubicon! and I mean.
yeah I think I will put money towards channel art, thank you so much!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you so much. Im quite new to youtube so I appreciate your help. Do you have any tips for me on how I actually can grow my channel?
Thanks
I see from your channel you're 5 days in! Welcome to Yt! I suggest do as many courses in Creator Academy as you can, watch on Yt: Video Creators and Derrel Eaves, they have some good advice. Pick 3-5 channels in your vertical at say 5k-10k sub level that do something similar to you, and try to analyze their growth, Seo strategies, and pick up on any major trends they follow. And make videos, learning craft and more of the backend as you go along. At all costs avoid buying subs, links, shares, likes, etc. Make friends with other small channels and support each other.

AlAlpha

Reaction score
I see from your channel you're 5 days in! Welcome to Yt! I suggest do as many courses in Creator Academy as you can, watch on Yt: Video Creators and Derrel Eaves, they have some good advice. Pick 3-5 channels in your vertical at say 5k-10k sub level that do something similar to you, and try to analyze their growth, Seo strategies, and pick up on any major trends they follow. And make videos, learning craft and more of the backend as you go along. At all costs avoid buying subs, links, shares, likes, etc. Make friends with other small channels and support each other.
Thats some very good advice thank you so much! :biggrin:

Reactions: KiddieToysReview