Has anyone every been recognized in public?

Brandt Prescott

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I did on my old channel. I went to see a movie and the worker who pulled my ticket recognized me. It so caught me off guard that I didn't even know what to say other than "Thanks for watching!"

Thomas75s

Reaction score
No never - but then again - the majority of my videos doesn´t show my head - only my guitar. Im not sure that i would be recognized anyway.

Solo Feeders

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hopefully not haha. I never show my face, only my Voice. But Im about to hit 30k subscribers and even if I continue growing, I enjoy being a mystery.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When I was in Rome (the colosseum specifically), I was wearing a t-shirt with my website on the back, and someone commented on it, but none has come up to me and admitting that they have seen my videos.
Other than that, some of my coworkers has commented on it as well!

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually that happened to me just a couple of weeks ago
Someone walked up to me and said
Are you Count Baldilocks?
So yeah that was kind of kool!

MAXX ADORNO

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
idk if this counts, but people that i dont even know in my school have been coming up to me and talking to me about it.

Reactions: Mark Stise

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So far happened three times.
Two times was at a photography convention so chances were pretty high for it to happen there since this is my niche:D
One time was when I was on my exchange program in university. A guy from another country recognized me.
I'm not such a talkative person and not so good in small talk so it's a bit weird for me :D

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
It happened yesterday! Now, I'm a small channel (~450 subs), but I have a very narrow niche (Bible and different Christian subjects from Orthodox perspective), and the people who would watch my videos would probably be churchgoers (again, not a whole lot of people in Serbia). Also, I never posted my actual face in the videos.
After the service (in a very small chapel, about 30 people in attendance), this guy walks up to me and says:
"Hey, do you, uh, have a YouTube channel?"
"I do! You recognized me!"
"I thought the voice was familiar!"
"Well, yeah, and also not a whole lot of long-haired, bespectacled fat guys out there in churches!"
So yeah, I didn't really expect to chime in on this thread for a couple of years, but there you go. :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes I’ve recognized a few Times, I was shocked because the first time I got recognized I only had a little over 1k. Usually I get recognized in the mall, it has happened in hot topic, that didn’t surprise because I make a lot hot topic try on haul videos and a lot of videos about being alternative and punk music. One time I had this kid run hug me out of nowhere, it turned out to to be my grandpas friend granddaughter I’ve never meet her before and she told my grandpa that I was her favorite person and he was a little confused because he was like how would you know her and she said I watch her on YouTube all the time.