Has anyone every been recognized in public?

I'm not showing my face in any of my videos or anywhere on my channel, so no lol.
I was recognised long before I started appearing in my videos. People knew my angles of shooting or where I preferred to shoot my videos, so they recognised me, even without knowing my face. Also, because I love to take different views of the topics, I had cases where professional photographers handle me their equipment and ask me to take a photo of them from my POV.

Ha, I posted a thread just before this talking about a co worker coming up to me saying he found one of my youtube videos searching how to do something. Said it was good and helped him save money.

I had one once outside Arsenal Football Club. A kid and his Dad say thats the guy off YouTube.
I have several channels but my guess is from my Car/Auto related channel.
Was quite cool.

Not so much as recognition, per say. I'm rarely in front of the camera, but I do shoot with quite a few people on the regular.

One such story comes from when I retired a series to relaunch it under a new title. One of the regulars was talking to me on how to pronounce the new title and goals of that series. Someone nearby heard me talking about the show and they joined in saying how much they liked it and are a subscriber (not knowing I'm the one behind it).

Another such incident is someone bringing a still from one of my videos to autograph. Glad people are liking the stuff I put out.

I make skiing videos and one girl came up to me last year and asked for my autograph. I felt kinda awkward lol. Then today I had another guy that loves my videos and my channel in my class. He was telling everyone how awesome my videos are.

Literally any time we take our Jeep anywhere in Southern California.. Or Arizona.. Or Utah (basically, anywhere we’ve been in the last 2 years) we get recognized, waved to, and stopped so people can take pics with us..
We’re a big fish in a small pond!

If you are recognized outside of venues you frequent I count it as a true recognition. I had it once, when I had to pick up a part at the ford dealership. Commented on an owners mustang, and he said "Hey, aren't you The Dutch Texan?" to which I replied yes. I ended up reviewing his mustang a couple of weeks later. Strange how things work out. I really love this hobby.

i was one time lol it was random because i only have like 3k subs. i was at a liquor store getting a drink and this kid (like 17 maybe) came up to me and said he watches my videos and he was a fan. was a pretty good feeling i cant lie. Inspired me to keep going!

Back