Has anyone else received a like before the video has been made public ?

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Three times now over the life of my channel I have had the situation where a like has appeared immediately after the video has finished processing, and has not yet gone public.

I can only assume that someone at YT must view processing content on some sort of a random or selective basis.

In each case they have been popular videos.

Maybe I have a fan in YT ??????

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you accidentaly clicked like on your own video :p :D

Reactions: UserU

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube isn't able to watch trillions of videos during processing. You probably had set your video into private mode so some private users hit that like button.

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get dislike in first 5 seconds, no way someone looked at video :) . But like i did not get....

Hoviking

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always get 0 likes when i upload videos. Rip life

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
YouTube isn't able to watch trillions of videos during processing. You probably had set your video into private mode so some private users hit that like button.
Along the same idea. But not private. Maybe the video is set to unlisted and was put on a playlist before officially publishing it? Those who saw the video through the playlist maybe liked it?

I have a few videos I set to unlisted and people can access it through the playlist its in. Even though its nowhere to be found on my channel other than the playlist.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Along the same idea. But not private. Maybe the video is set to unlisted and was put on a playlist before officially publishing it? Those who saw the video through the playlist maybe liked it?
Of course, that's it. That's what is happening, as I always have them set as unlisted while uploading.

Good thinking.

Thank you for that. I can now put that issue aside.

Cheers Rob

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Never happened to me before that's a bit strange. I've had more likes than views tho lmao.