Has Anyone Done Daily Travel Vlogging?

rodgerswithad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm about to go on a week long roadtrip and would like to do daily travel vlogs from the road. That brings up 2 things I haven't yet done: (1) Travel Vlogged, I'm used to being at/near home for gear (2) Daily vlogging, I usually upload twice a week.

Does anyone have any tips, thoughts, warnings about the project I'm undertaking?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the video ideas and planning forum. ^_^

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I produce daily vlogs, theres a guy around here somewhere named John Runcie who produces travel vlogs I'm pretty sure.

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
I hope to in the future produce daily vlogs. My niche is 'hiking and backpacking' as well as 'biking' and other outdoor recreation in my local area. When I can plan it properly, as it is winter here, I plan to go on a 5 day backpacking/wilderness camping solo trip along a famous 100+ mile trail in my area through like 5 different designated wilderness zones. I hope to use my phone and make daily 'update' vlogs but we'll see pending the cell phone coverage haha. But I do plan to use the GoPro and make videos each day that will be edited and added as main videos when I return from the trip.

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm currently doing Vlogmas so I've been uploading daily. It is a lot of fun and is really challenging at the same time. If you want to do it, then I say go for it! I think its good to get the experience either way! :)

rodgerswithad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've moved this to the video ideas and planning forum. ^_^
Thanks! Sorry, I'm still trying to find my way around[DOUBLEPOST=1481738347,1481738264][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hope to in the future produce daily vlogs. My niche is 'hiking and backpacking' as well as 'biking' and other outdoor recreation in my local area. When I can plan it properly, as it is winter here, I plan to go on a 5 day backpacking/wilderness camping solo trip along a famous 100+ mile trail in my area through like 5 different designated wilderness zones. I hope to use my phone and make daily 'update' vlogs but we'll see pending the cell phone coverage haha. But I do plan to use the GoPro and make videos each day that will be edited and added as main videos when I return from the trip.
I'd love to watch daily backcountry hiking/camping vlogs, but I feel like the inability to actually upload the videos (no cell signal or wifi) is the big hinderance there. haha

Reactions: Shawn Gossman

DramaIRL

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I hope I can travel continuously and daily vlog one day! But for now I just post my travel vlogs on the weekend. Some advice I can give is prepare before your trip. Make daily dated folders so it's easier to transfer footage every night. Prepare potential music you think will fit your vlogs. Do whatever you can before your trip to ensure that you're fully prepared to vlog, transfer, edit and upload. And umm drink loads of coffee :D

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I daily travel vlogged from a trip I took to India in the Summer. I didn't upload till I got home though due to various different wifi situations you may want to consider. Also, I found that some days, like down days where we were resting, or travelling on a train for a long time, sometimes weren't that entertaining so maybe consider subjects that you may want to talk about to make those parts of a trip more engaging!! Best of luck!!

Ky Lives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Travel light. Always have your camera ready so that you capture the organic moments. It's a pain but it's worth it. I didn't daily travel vlog but I made a mini documentary of my two months in Thailand.

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am going on a big trip tomorrow and don't plan to blog each day.

I am just planning to capture things each day and put it all together when I get back. But your idea sounds like something I would like to do in the future on my adventures!