Has anybody used Tim Schmoyer, or another YouTube consultant?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi everyone!

Right now, since I have a full-time job outside of YouTube, I have some money that I've been considering investing in help with my channel. I've been looking around at YouTube consultants, and Tim Schmoyer was one of the first names to pop up. Has anybody used his services, or hired a different YouTube consultant? If so, I would love to hear about your experience, and whether it was helpful or not.

Thanks!

-Ben

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone!

Right now, since I have a full-time job outside of YouTube, I have some money that I've been considering investing in help with my channel. I've been looking around at YouTube consultants, and Tim Schmoyer was one of the first names to pop up. Has anybody used his services, or hired a different YouTube consultant? If so, I would love to hear about your experience, and whether it was helpful or not.

Thanks!

-Ben
i dont recommend it, they are outsiders who view it from the same perspective as your viewers just ask them and maybe spend that money on some upgrades

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel looks entertaining to me. Even though I don't like cooking too much. Looks professional too.. You just need to gain some momentum which is hard for a new channel. I don't think you need to buy in help. I don't think you can purchase anything that will influence your channel much? You can't beat the youtube systems. Those influencers and such do have some good vids that I watch sometime and will have worked hard to get their channels where they are. But they all started years ago when it was easier to get established and are benefiting from it now!? They only tell you what youtube already tell you. i.e key words, description, title, thumbnail, etc etc.. oh and of course the most important is make good content. Anyway I'm still a newbie so all above might be rubbish lol. There seem to be few YouTube jedi (usually the forum admin) that will give a better informed answer to tougher questions like yours.

Reactions: Comedy Kitchen

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From one YouTube cooking channel to another - howdy! I like what you’re doing.

I watch a lot of the “gurus” and most of their advice is extremely similar, and mimics much of the advice you see here. I’d say start regularly watching and following Tim Schmoyer, Brian G. Johnson, Darrell Eaves, Video Creators and Video Influencers on YouTube and social media. Each of them often have regular live streams where they call for channels to submit for free channel evaluations if you agree to do it live with them. That will allow you to get a feel for their methods and recommendations. I don’t think they have any additional insight than most savvy YouTubers, but it might help.

Also, I highly recommend watching the “How to make money on YouTube” video series by the channel “Glam & Gore.” She’s an “FX” makeup channel that is extremely popular but she did a multi-part video series where she literally breaks down everything she’s done and how much she makes. I have no affiliation with her or her channel, but it was pointed out to me by another YouTuber and I found it more valuable then anything I’ve read or seen on the subject of YouTube. HIGHLY recommend. I can’t link it, so just search on YouTube.

Good luck, man! New subscriber here. :)

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I knew Tim back before he was big on Youtube (back when he was slumming on Google Plus) and I can tell you he’s a good guy... that said, i would never pay anyone for “consulting” for Youtube or SEO.. As mentioned, all the advice is the same - and it ALL comes from the same source (Youtube/Google) for free.
Watch more Youtube videos (mentioned above), do some reading, and use that money for something that will make a difference - like a new camera or nice night on the town with your wife.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have no idea what any of those experts charge but sometimes, an expert's input can save you lots of time if you don't have the time to do the homework yourself.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
From one YouTube cooking channel to another - howdy! I like what you’re doing.

I watch a lot of the “gurus” and most of their advice is extremely similar, and mimics much of the advice you see here. I’d say start regularly watching and following Tim Schmoyer, Brian G. Johnson, Darrell Eaves, Video Creators and Video Influencers on YouTube and social media. Each of them often have regular live streams where they call for channels to submit for free channel evaluations if you agree to do it live with them. That will allow you to get a feel for their methods and recommendations. I don’t think they have any additional insight than most savvy YouTubers, but it might help.

Also, I highly recommend watching the “How to make money on YouTube” video series by the channel “Glam & Gore.” She’s an “FX” makeup channel that is extremely popular but she did a multi-part video series where she literally breaks down everything she’s done and how much she makes. I have no affiliation with her or her channel, but it was pointed out to me by another YouTuber and I found it more valuable then anything I’ve read or seen on the subject of YouTube. HIGHLY recommend. I can’t link it, so just search on YouTube.

Good luck, man! New subscriber here. :)
Thanks! Really appreciate the sub and I will definitely check out those videos. I'm gonna check your videos out as well!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Digest all of their free stuff first and see what that can do for you. Do not get lazy on learning about the more intricate stuff like SEO, titling, and marketing. Those are what's going to get you the exposure you need. You have a solid amount of talent. A bit of refinement, better camera/audio quality, and you'll be ahead of the pack. But remember, having the talent is only part of the battle. Get working on exposure.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I don’t think there’s a need to pay. There’s so much offered for free. And the rest just use your smarts and hard work

Reactions: Comedy Kitchen
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Digest all of their free stuff first and see what that can do for you. Do not get lazy on learning about the more intricate stuff like SEO, titling, and marketing. Those are what's going to get you the exposure you need. You have a solid amount of talent. A bit of refinement, better camera/audio quality, and you'll be ahead of the pack. But remember, having the talent is only part of the battle. Get working on exposure.
Thanks! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts regarding better audio and video quality. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks again.