Has anybody tried Metacafe

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Since Youtube is too big now for small creators, has anybody tried Metacafe to upload their videos?

Reactions: User_78298

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YT will always reign king. I remember back in like 2009ish bigger YouTubers like Shane Dawson tried to make Vimeo a thing by moving their content over there and it just couldn't take off. YouTube is just so massive and such a household name that I don't think there will be a replacement any time soon.

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Why do you think YouTube is too big for small creators? And why do you think you won't run into the same problems on a different platform?

No judging here or anything, just curious as to what what you think would be different elsewhere!

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Why do you think YouTube is too big for small creators? And why do you think you won't run into the same problems on a different platform?

No judging here or anything, just curious as to what what you think would be different elsewhere!
Youtube no longer cares about small creators. First they took away the editing and now will only monetize large producers. At one time Youtube wasfree, they offered editing tools so you didn't have to spend money, and the little money that came in was enough to pay any expenses. I knew there was trouble when they advertised the super bowl. So now if I make a video I will upload it to as many places that I can.including youtube

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can kind of see where you're coming from, but really I don't think YouTube has a responsibility to care about us individually. With that said, I don't think MetaCafe will care about you either. I think the best you can hope to do on any platform is to keep improving your content however you can, and really think about what you want from your content and how you want to work on getting that.

Nowhere on the internet (or anywhere for that matter) is going to hand you what you want unless you put the work in. YOU need to want it, and YOU need to be the one to make it work!

Best of luck for the future!
Hugs and kisses, Jack.

Johnjackallen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of stuff thats uploaded every minute, that's the way it has to be.

People are uploading whatever they want, the quality and content varying from amazing, to wtf did I just watch, to downright awful/offensive. So YouTube itself has mo way to filter out the good from the bad from us "small YouTubers" so it favours larger creators with content it knows will make advertisers happy.

It's on us to get our channels to that point. To sell our product however we can, all the while screaming "notice me senpai" at YouTube.

Reactions: Philip Jensen

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of stuff thats uploaded every minute, that's the way it has to be.

People are uploading whatever they want, the quality and content varying from amazing, to wtf did I just watch, to downright awful/offensive. So YouTube itself has mo way to filter out the good from the bad from us "small YouTubers" so it favours larger creators with content it knows will make advertisers happy.

It's on us to get our channels to that point. To sell our product however we can, all the while screaming "notice me senpai" at YouTube.
THIS! A 1000 times this.

People forget to try to look at this from YouTubes point of view and instead go with the "David vs. Goliat"/they hate us all-version of the story.

TJ Alex

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Last year Metacafe took me as their partner and told me when i reached USD300 they will pay.. But i have sent dozens of emails as i reached 1.5 millions views.. but they havent replied me nearly 2 months.. i been emailing them every now and then.. but sadly no one bothered to reply..

• Angry
Reactions: markkaz

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YT is still fine for smaller channels. Nowhere else will get the potential exposure. I have been plugging away for almost 3 years - I have 400 vids and 2,700 subs... but I was watching a channel last night of a new guy. He has been on YT for 6 months, has 23 vids and 175k subs! I am still smaller than him, and it is my own fault ha ha. (but I am having fun, and that is why I do it) He did it very quickly. I am not sure how, but it can still be done, and is done by a lot of channels.