Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody heard of CoHost or used it?

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by Bravo_Company24, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Messages:
    Cash:
    $0
    It's suppose to help you with your Youtube video.

I hope this was posted in the right forum.

2. Scootakip [Lana]
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $85
  3. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $135
    Social Network; looks UK based. I will join and check it out. Going to use a secondary, unmonetized channnel.

4. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $52
    Never heard of it before, so I did a quick Google. Came across this Youtube video, which kinda explains what the platform does: /watch?v=hNZPrpPLQR4 (add Youtube . com in front).

It looks nifty, I'm just scared it will be flooded with people sub4subbing and spamming everyone with 'wanna collab?' n.n"

Yachts For Sale likes this.
  5. Olive80
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $123
    Never heard of it. I'll Google it later though, and let you know my thoughts.

6. Messages:
    Cash:
    $0
    How's the look up on this?

7. Yachts For Sale
    Yachts For Sale
    Cash:
    $134
    I just watched the video presentation. I share your fear that this will be a group of people all looking out to promote their own interests. One of the things that makes this forum appealing is that the mods keep a lid on that kind of thing, I'll be interested to see how CoHost develops. I didn't see anything on the video that made me want to join, so I look forward to the feedback from @UKHypnotist .

8. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $135
    Ok, I am on the site now. Last week was not a good time; workmen in my office, and computer was offline. I'll take this step by step from signup.

Rather than allowing an email signup, CoHost wants one to connect through a YouTube channel; this means a multi-channel owner can literally have an account for every channel, if they can handle the load. I've connected my smallest production channel, with only one sub and 9 videos.

On signup, they want your local time zone, upload schedule if you have one, and whether or not you are open for collaboration. So for those who fear an unending set of pleas to collab, it looks like that won't happen, as you can simply say "not interested". Next page is the obligatory Beta Disclaimer which you must accept to proceed.

The site gives "performance points" on completing reg procedure. My tiny site only generated 481. I'm tempted to connect the main to see how it does. I now have access to my profile page. On viewing that, I notice something I was allowed to do in the interrupted signup phase; connect a Channel trailer. One can visit the channel right from the profile, and all current public videos have now been posted to the CoHost profile.

This is a markedly different layout and content inclusion than I expected. One can see the actual channel videos and decide if one likes the content displayed before deciding to subscribe to the channel in question. This seems to be no traditional forum with endless "Check out my channel and sub to me" posts.

More after I have coffee and create a new video.

P. S. Decided I am bringing in the main channel, out of curiosity. One thing I did expect is present. Lot and lots of tiny (under 100 subs) gaming channels looking to grow.

#8 UKHypnotist, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Dutchie in England likes this.
  9. Messages:
    Cash:
    $0
    So this can help small new youtubers like me to start growing?

10. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $135
    That is the idea of it, yes. It's in beta still, so the proof will definitely be in the pudding so to speak.