I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just got this mail from TopBuzz

Hi Tube Mechanics,

My name is Nancy and I'd love to invite you to become a creator for TopBuzz. I'm reaching out to you because your Tips On How to Grow your YouTube Channel 2018/Channel Review on YouTube really catches our interest and fits in with content featured on our platform.

TopBuzz is a media app that offers creators click based revenue as well as promotional opportunities. You would be able to either contribute separate content to our platform or just synchronize your blog or channel directly to your TopBuzz account.

As we are actively recruiting creators and have stumbled across your content, we have a special bonus for you to monetize your influence: as long as you sign into TopBuzz via your YouTube account, you will get a sign-up bonus(from $1 up to $500) based on the number of your subscribers from each platform. You can also earn a bonus of at least 20% of your total 14-day posting earnings that starts on your sign-up date.

We believe that your presence will make TopBuzz an even a better place for content creation.

You can sign into TopBuzz via the following fast-track link:

Quick Sign-Up

Thank you so much for your interest and support.

Here is my question ....has anyone in this forum dealt with TopBuzz?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have. It is a legitimate website, but it isn't very helpful in bringing many views to your channel. One of my biggest gripes with the company, and something they do not tell you upon signup, is that you cannot delete your account once it has been created. Yes, you can remove your videos, but your account stays. No matter how many emails you send, they won't do it. Also, if you read their ToS there's some sketch s**t. For example, they clearly state that once you upload your videos to the website they are free to use them however they want (in advertisements, etc.) Is it legitimate? Kinda sorta. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have. It is a legitimate website, but it isn't very helpful in bringing many views to your channel. One of my biggest gripes with the company, and something they do not tell you upon signup, is that you cannot delete your account once it has been created. Yes, you can remove your videos, but your account stays. No matter how many emails you send, they won't do it. Also, if you read their ToS there's some sketch s**t. For example, they clearly state that once you upload your videos to the website they are free to use them however they want (in advertisements, etc.) Is it legitimate? Kinda sorta. Is it worth it? Probably not.
Thanks for letting me know ...I just heard about it today

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It sounds like by uploading to them, you're giving them a license to do whatever they want with your content. So they're essentially buying content.

Meh. For anyone in it for the long-term, it's a terrible deal because you lose control of your brand.

Reactions: Brandon

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
There are lots of MCN's that send out these recruiting emails. Sometimes they are worth joining, other times they're not. I would just advise you do some research regarding this specific MCN, BBTV has contacted me, ToppBuzz, Fullscreen etc. all of them try to provide better service and perks than the other.

I enjoy the perks of being a partner with Fullscreen (though it's not as beneficial now that my monetization has been disabled).

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are lots of MCN's that send out these recruiting emails. Sometimes they are worth joining, other times they're not. I would just advise you do some research regarding this specific MCN, BBTV has contacted me, ToppBuzz, Fullscreen etc. all of them try to provide better service and perks than the other.

I enjoy the perks of being a partner with Fullscreen (though it's not as beneficial now that my monetization has been disabled).
Topbuzz is not a MCN.

Reactions: nad and Boris Qs

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
They sent me private message and inviting me to become their creator as well. I don't like it and I don't pay attention to other network aside from Adsense. Why should I bother joining other network when there's a Google Adsense. It is better to be independent than relying on to these networks. If you don't like headaches then don't join. Stick to being independent. It is better that way.

Reactions: nad

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They sent me two emails asking me to join with with them, the first email was sent a few months ago and the second email was sent last week. I ignored both emails because I don’t want give them ownership to my channel, I’m looking into eventually growing my brand and signing up with is definitely not the right move if you want to continue with your own brand.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the monetization / partnership discussion forum. ^_^

Reactions: Crown

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've moved this to the monetization / partnership discussion forum. ^_^
I am not a moderator but I don see why...this is not about monetization...its about a funny site that can take advantage of creators which makes it a gossip but you are the bosss...do as you will...I just don't know again where to post right on this forum.