Hand Transitions

George Raymond

Now a major part of Ayre...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to make hand transition where you move your hand across the screen and it reveals text using After Effects and/or Premiere Pro (if that is possible)?

Bosco

MLG Player | aoX | UnDefined | ReBirth |
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
this was a while ago but you can download hand gestures, than animate the finger sliding across and animating everything out. Very simple effect in after effects tbh

George Raymond

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
this was a while ago but you can download hand gestures, than animate the finger sliding across and animating everything out. Very simple effect in after effects tbh
Thanks! Time to Google!!!

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
lol i was debating whether to even reply thinking to myself," he dosent care anymore" but glad i could help you out, make sure to animate the rotation also to make it look like a swipe and not just a flying finger.

George Raymond

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
lol i was debating whether to even reply thinking to myself," he dosent care anymore" but glad i could help you out, make sure to animate the rotation also to make it look like a swipe and not just a flying finger.
Ok I will! Thanks again! :)

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe it is best done in After Effects using motion tracking, I think you create a null object and then parent that with a black solid, and have the null object move with the finger or hand which in turn pulls the black solid, I might be wrong here. Sadly I cannot find a tutorial for it.

Reactions: RatedPro

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
Look at Michael dropping fancy AAE lingo ^^ well if you want a black separater than do Micheal's idea, if you want just a black barrier separating two sections then do the null object, parented with the first clip and a Black Rectangle and last clip, so when you move it it will all move, with the divider in the middle. Also note, you move the null object it will move everything, but if you just move the hand, then it will just move the hand, so still don't forget to rotate the hand and not the null object or else everything will spin :confused:

Reactions: Michael

George Raymond

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok, now i am just getting confused... :/

Bosco

Reaction score
Channel Type
dont be just mess arou d with it, youll understand it when you use it ;)