Growth of subscribers vs growth of views

Richnode

How many walruses have you stroked today?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Today is the 12th day after I uploaded my first ever video, and I'm starting to notice while my views per video is steadily increasing my subscribers... aren't.

I have no idea what's normal as I have not been doing this long, my audience retention looks like this:

is this good/bad/normal for this early in my YouTube career?

The average views has risen from 15 per video to 78, while my subscribers has hovered around 10~15 for the past 5 days.

What I'm getting at is this particularly slow, in which case how do I identify where I can improve in order to get viewers enjoying and engaging more?
Or is this normal and I'm just being too easily discouraged?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Today is the 12th day after I uploaded my first ever video, and I'm starting to notice while my views per video is steadily increasing my subscribers... aren't.

I have no idea what's normal as I have not been doing this long, my audience retention looks like this:

is this good/bad/normal for this early in my YouTube career?

The average views has risen from 15 per video to 78, while my subscribers has hovered around 10~15 for the past 5 days.

What I'm getting at is this particularly slow, in which case how do I identify where I can improve in order to get viewers enjoying and engaging more?
Or is this normal and I'm just being too easily discouraged?
Dude I only have 50 subscribers with 180k views, so it's possible to get views without subscribers.

ElvanPlays

YTtalks HarryPotter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator
Mine is soo low :/

unknown_user908435903

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My views are growing everyday and my subscribers are quite slow, though I do have some pockets of fast growth in subscribers at times.

TheNM22

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nothing to worry about, man ;) Just be happy that there's growth on your channel ;)

Reactions: Chef Kendra

TheNM22

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
By the way, there! Now you have 17 subscribers ;)

ApexxWolf

I make Cartoons and Animations :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This is usually normal for the early stages of youtube man, people are just discovering you as a new youtuber so it's just the case of inputting methods to convert new viewers into subscribers. Starting sucks on youtube because growth is really slow but just keep at it and market your videos well to "get them seen" :)

Just some things you can do to convert viewers into subscribers (you might already do them):

1. Ask people to subscribe for more at the end of your video
2. Have an outro with a button annotation to subscribe
3. Make sure you reply to anyone who comments on your video

Hope this helps, ApexxWolf

RobuJohnson

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you have 17 subscribers, it doesn't mean that you get 17 automatic views per video. Only about 10-50% of your subs usually watch a video of yours.

Ms16bit

Useful Idiot
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
That's actually super awesome. 15 subscribers in less than two weeks is really good for someone just starting out. Don't be discouraged; we all get dry spells. I'm sure you will get more subscribers soon enough.